Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Long Arm Purchase Reviews needed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/long-arm-purchase-reviews-needed-t130330.html)

Peggy Sew 06-13-2011 10:37 PM

Hi there. I am new to the Quilter's Message Board. Looking for advice on purchasing a Long Arm Quilting Machine. If you own one ... I would love to hear what your pros and cons are on any type of Long Arm. What are the must haves, etc. So far, I am leaning towards the Lenni - due to the space factor. I have been quilting for 17 years. Most of my quilts have been quilted on my regular sewing machines. I have found that to be my least favorite part of quilting so I am accumulating many UFOs. :( I don't want to send my quilts out to be done by others any longer. I want the satisfaction of making the whole thing myself. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. Thank you Ladies!

Granna of 5 06-13-2011 11:17 PM

Welcome from Tennessee, sorry I can't help but there are several on here who have them.

Peggy Sew 06-14-2011 12:21 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I don't know why I didn't think of joining a blog sooner!

cjtinkle 06-14-2011 01:30 AM

I have the APQS Millennium and love it. I prevously owned 2 HQ16's and they were also nice, but I love the Milly much more!

APQS is wonderful to work with, support is excellent and the warranty is the best in the business. After I bought mine, I went to Iowa and did the factory tour as well as taking the maintenance class, and the folks there are just wonderful.

p.s. I am not a dealer, just a very happy customer!

OCQuilts 06-14-2011 02:10 AM

I can only speak about Gammill. I have had several Gammill's. I had 2 for over 5 years that I rented to the general public. They are still running well! In that time I only lost 1 rental due to a machine problem. That turned out to be something very minor. If I had a little more experience, I wouldn't have lost that rental! I just sold one of them for close to what I paid for it! Gammill makes them in sizes 18, 22, 26, 30 and even 36 inches. For years of trouble free service I'd go with Gammill. As a dealer, for Gammill, I wish I had a dollar for everyone who purchased another brand, and then says....I wish I bought a Gammill! Good luck in your search!

quilticing 06-14-2011 02:21 AM

Gammill with computer!

wvhill22 06-14-2011 02:37 AM

I am interested in this too. I wonder do they all come with a stitch regulator and what brand would be the cheapest

quilter1430 06-14-2011 02:38 AM

I have a Gammill. It's a real work-horse and I'm very pleased with it.

Moedeenie 06-14-2011 03:14 AM

Welcome PeggySew! I purchased my APQS Lenni just over a year ago and I LOVE her! I find the APQS frames are easy to load and the the stitch quality is very nice (it has a manual & stitch regulated mode). The APQS support staff is wonderful in addition to the APQS Forum for technical assistance and inspiration.

sewwhat85 06-14-2011 04:41 AM

i have 2 noltings and love them both my advice is to get one that has service close by so you can get parts service or help when needed. i went with nolting because the service guy is so good if i am having a problem he can fix it over the phone.