Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking for ideas for center block in unique Autumn inspired Table Topper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-ideas-center-block-unique-autumn-inspired-table-topper-t161228.html)

BuzzinBumble 10-17-2011 07:51 PM

QuiltE that's cool! I didn't know tape came in "dots." Where do you find that? I bet it would speed things up considerably.
I had troubles with the double sided tape. It either didn't have enough bulk to fill gaps in between the pressed items and the board or it stuck too well. I kind of dull the stickiness by sticking it on my jeans and then pulling it off.

Actually I don't use a regular inkjet printer, although that works too. Ours is an ink jet printer but it is made for artists and photographers: An HP Photosmart ProB9180. It takes 8 different colored ink cartridges... hubba hubba! I did comparisons with that too and the photo quality and color nuances and intensity is way ahead of our regular printer's capabilities. Jeepers, I sound like an ad for HP. ;)

3incollege 10-17-2011 08:00 PM

That fabric is so beautiful I would love to have it.

QuiltE 10-17-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
QuiltE that's cool! I didn't know tape came in "dots." Where do you find that? I bet it would speed things up considerably.
I had troubles with the double sided tape. It either didn't have enough bulk to fill gaps in between the pressed items and the board or it stuck too well. I kind of dull the stickiness by sticking it on my jeans and then pulling it off.

Actually I don't use a regular inkjet printer, although that works too. Ours is an ink jet printer but it is made for artists and photographers: An HP Photosmart ProB9180. It takes 8 different colored ink cartridges... hubba hubba! I did comparisons with that too and the photo quality and color nuances and intensity is way ahead of our regular printer's capabilities. Jeepers, I sound like an ad for HP. ;)

Looks like you are more than the average home printer use ... high end stuff, eh? :) Check out the scrapbooking supplies for the dots .... though I know I saw that type of stuff in Staples in the regular section with scotch tape recently. I get what you mean that some stuff may not work with the bumps in the leaves, etc.

Remember the old saying ... if it ain't broke ... don't fix it!! :)

(and with this, I think it's time for me to hit the "hay")

Dianemarie 10-17-2011 10:18 PM

I think the small green border inside the botanical is a great idea and then some fancy quilting in the center and maybe the border edges too.

Can you tell I love hand quilting !

QM 10-17-2011 10:23 PM

The border is spectacular. The block brings it down. To my thinking, a vase of flowers and leaves(a la Baltimore Album, or a wreath of leaves would be a better approach, although I do like the idea of only leaf quilting too.

barney 10-18-2011 02:42 AM

Wal mart has adhesive dots in the scrapbooking section. I almost bought some yesterday then thought I would never use them Guess I will buy some next time.

mumzer 10-18-2011 02:43 AM

Since it is a botanical block how about birds. Check out some of the pictures in Birds and Bloom they are just lovely.
mumzer

marybs 10-18-2011 02:49 AM

Wow! That is so beautiful! Great job!!!

kantuckee 10-18-2011 02:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
That looks perfect for an autumn hunting panel. Something like this center panel. Just a thought.

plainpat 10-18-2011 02:50 AM

You can find diff ideas at Quilter's Cache.com.The blocks are shown in color & also by size.The table cover is so pretty,I see it as a wall hanging after the day.Just one idea.