Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   looking for longarmer to use metallics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-longarmer-use-metallics-t118174.html)

Anne Marie 04-23-2011 05:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I made three large Asian panel wall hangings/throws. I was wanting to have them custom quilted in metallic threads but can't find a long arm quilter who has any luck using metallic thread (it breaks too much). Should I consider not having them done in metallic or keep searching for someone who can quilt these for me?

Any suggestions on quilt designs?

sueisallaboutquilts 04-23-2011 05:27 AM

Gorgeous!!!
There are many talented LA quilters here and I'm sure someone can help.

To get more attention you may want to change the title to something like LA quilting help needed or something like that.

cjomomma 04-23-2011 05:30 AM

Wow! They are beautiful. Sorry I don't have any suggestions.

quiltingnonie 04-23-2011 05:31 AM

Check with Charismah on this board - I know she uses metallic thread, and she does FABULOUS WORK!

Anne Marie 04-23-2011 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Gorgeous!!!
There are many talented LA quilters here and I'm sure someone can help.

To get more attention you may want to change the title to something like LA quilting help needed or something like that.

I don't know how to change the title. I went in to the update but it doesn't give me a option for the title (that I can see anyway).

milp04 04-23-2011 05:41 AM

Hi Anne Marie,
Why don't you consider using variegated thread?

Also you could see if they could use some of the threads other than cotton, such as poly and rayon. Some of these threads might be able to give you the look that you want without using metallic threads. Also if these quilts are going to be used then I wouldn't like the feel of the metallic threads.

Pam M

Buckeye Rose 04-23-2011 05:52 AM

I can't help you with quilting or thread advice, but wow! your quilts are simply gorgeous!

Maia B 04-23-2011 06:45 AM

Very nice tops! I have many similar fabrics. Charisma did a brilliant job for me (search Maia B's wallhanging) and I'll be hiring her again! Just PM her and see what she says.

Maia B 04-23-2011 06:49 AM

Hey-just noticed you are in Kansas. Howdy! I lived in Wichita for 5.5 years. My grandfather was from Horton. :)

cabinqltr 04-23-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Anne Marie
I made three large Asian panel wall hangings/throws. I was wanting to have them custom quilted in metallic threads but can't find a long arm quilter who has any luck using metallic thread (it breaks too much). Should I consider not having them done in metallic or keep searching for someone who can quilt these for me?

Any suggestions on quilt designs?

I wanted one done with metalic but to avoid the breakage she used a bright gold non metalic thread, looked great and was stronger than metalic. I really liked the look and it looked very brite and shiney. Worked for me. Ruth