Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking for a thread similar to Essential pro from Connecting Threads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-thread-similar-essential-pro-connecting-threads-t301020.html)

profannie 11-20-2018 04:26 AM

Looking for a thread similar to Essential pro from Connecting Threads

Connecting Threads is out of white Essential pro for a while now - I need to buy some but don't know what brand to try. My longarm sewing machine love Essential pro, so I'm looking for something very similar (fine polyester thread). I've tried Metro embroidery thread and it worked well, but it is shiny and I want a matte finish.
Any suggestion for a replacement?

feline fanatic 11-20-2018 05:20 AM

Omni by superior or So Fine, but both cost much more than essential pro

profannie 11-20-2018 07:21 AM

Thanks, So fine look perfect. Hopefully CT will resolve their stocking problem soon, but for now, I need white! So many quilts to finish before Christmas, all with white background :-)

dunster 11-20-2018 08:36 AM

Oops, got caught by the disappearing message. Hope QB gets it fixed soon.

What I was trying to say is that I don't always use white thread on a white background. Sometimes a pale yellow, pale blue, pale lilac etc. will make the quilting show up more but will still melt into the background.

feline fanatic 11-20-2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 8164194)
Oops, got caught by the disappearing message. Hope QB gets it fixed soon.

What I was trying to say is that I don't always use white thread on a white background. Sometimes a pale yellow, pale blue, pale lilac etc. will make the quilting show up more but will still melt into the background.

Definitely Dunster! I too like to use a pale colored thread on white. Sometimes you can't even notice the change of color unless you are very close.

SouthPStitches 11-20-2018 12:54 PM

Might be because CT had a sale on Essential Pro early this week - marked down to $0.99 a spool. I jumped right on it.

profannie 11-20-2018 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 8164357)
Might be because CT had a sale on Essential Pro early this week - marked down to $0.99 a spool. I jumped right on it.

No, they are out of stock for about two months now - it's the big cone. The sale was just on smaller spools.

profannie 11-20-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 8164302)
Definitely Dunster! I too like to use a pale colored thread on white. Sometimes you can't even notice the change of color unless you are very close.

Thank you ladies for the suggestion. The problem is I don't have any pale colored thread left neither LOL

ckcowl 11-20-2018 02:58 PM

Superior threads has a good comparable white. I used to use essential pro all the time, I have switched to Superior Threads for most of my thread though. I also Love Aurifil- I purchase my Aurifil thread from fabric.com

greensleeves 11-20-2018 06:21 PM

threadart.com has cones at a reasonable price-not sure if they are poly or cotton but worth a look.