Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lost my fabric and my mind! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lost-my-fabric-my-mind-t120070.html)

JanieH 05-09-2011 11:04 AM

Additional comment: I made all the blocks for a year-long BOM and have them stored in a plastic carrier. Now if I could just find the carrier! LOL

And I bought the same pattern for a Halloween quilt 3 times because I kept losing it! Weighed the difference between meds and re-buying the pattern and went with the pattern!

I have loved this thread - giggled all the way through!

okiepastor 05-09-2011 11:17 AM

The bad news is this must be catching or something---I made 20 pinwheel blocks the other day and left them by the sewing machine--- I think--planning to iron them when milking was done.
I am STILL looking! and am SO FRUSTRATED!
Giving up for now--I presume they will show up in some perfectly logical place.

The good news is that I found my missing T-shirt fabric while looking for the blocks.....don't ask where that was......

Lucky Patsy's 05-09-2011 11:20 AM

It must be with the red and white diagonally striped yard I bought for my snowflake blocks and now can't find!

Lady Crafter 05-09-2011 11:20 AM

I LOVE this thread ... speaking of thread ... where is mine ??

Lady Crafter 05-09-2011 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
It must be with the red and white diagonally striped yard I bought for my snowflake blocks and now can't find!

They sell red and white yards now? Think I still prefer mine green .... maybe I'll find the missing green fabric .....

missellie 05-09-2011 04:00 PM

One of the benefits being "of an age": I soon forget I even misplaced something - or that I even had it!

Mousie 05-14-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
you put it away in a very safe place, ask me how I know???

GMTA!!!! exactly what I was going to say, bc that is how I lose things!
I got an early Christmas present bc we were going out of town.
A brand new camera.
Well, I decided to use up my disposables on the trip and learn how to use the camera when we got back...was supposed to be before Christmas.
It's May, and I found my camera two days ago! :roll: ...sorry, I didn't see your green fabric under there! I guess that's not 'your' special place :XD:

Mousie 05-14-2011 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
You will find it while looking for something else. I lost my digital camera for a year, then needed a tote bag for knitting and it was in the bottom of the bag all along. I looked at the knitting on top but didn't go to the bottom of the bag. If my head wasn't attached,I would probably lose it too.

Carol J.

OMGoodness...how many of us are there, losing our cameras?:shock:

Mousie 05-14-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy

Originally Posted by jeanneb52

Originally Posted by betsey

Originally Posted by jeanneb52
I do this often...I think it's the Menopause Fairy. She took my memory and left a mustache behind for me. NOT a fair trade...

That's funny!

not if you're the one with the mustache!

Oh how true. I hear she has been exchanging body parts also!

yeah, like leaving fat ones and taking the smaller ones with her!
dang...wonder if she is rolling the smaller ones together to make more fat parts? what a wicked sense of humor that fairy has!
I'm not laughing....

Mousie 05-14-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by patchitpat
Did you fold it inside of another fabric you wanted to pair it with? I've done that before. Hope you find it.

ohhhh, been there, done that...never again!