Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lost on this quilt. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lost-quilt-t223658.html)

sweetlummi 06-14-2013 04:23 AM

Lost on this quilt.

:rolleyes:what you do when you do not like how the quilt looks. My daughter what me to make a peace quilt for my grandaughter. She is 18. I did but do not like how it look. It came out way big cut is down but still do not like it. I know she will love what I give her. We are very close. I just wish it look better. I think it is holding me back. Most the time I make one get it all done move on. But this one is at the top still and I can not get past that. I trying to make one for my other grandaughter she is just 4 this is going to be tumbling block one. So I know that one will work. I look at this one on the bed and tell my self just get it done move on and it is still there :mad:

HillCountryGal 06-14-2013 05:28 AM

We are all very critical of our own work.
When this happens to me, I just bite the bullet.. do it and then forget about it, moving on to the next one.

Dina 06-14-2013 05:31 AM

I have found that if I put a quilt top away and don't look at it for a week or so that it looks better the next time I look at it. I'll think..."Well, that doesn't look as bad as I remembered..." Might work for you.
Dina

racerh 06-14-2013 05:32 AM

I have one I started last weekend and after making several blocks decided it was UGLY and it went in the closet to be looked again when I am in a different frame of mind and either thrown out or resurrected. Can you post a picture? I love tumbling blocks and am wondering if it just the colors you selected? When I made my floating cube quilt I threw out many blocks because I just did not like the effect or lack there of when I finished it. So don't despair it may be savable!

klgls 06-14-2013 05:51 AM

If I'm making a quilt for someone - I try not to interject my like or dislike of the quilt and just do the best job I can. The recipient is always thrilled - even though I didn't care for the quilt.

SusanSusan33 06-14-2013 06:23 AM

I am a newer quilter and only done bed quilts for my younger children so this hasn't happened (yet, though I'm very critical of my work so I bet it'll happen in the future).

I just wanted to give you a ((((HUG))))) I'm sure it will be well loved quilt no matter what!!

Yosamitesa 06-14-2013 06:42 AM

I'm sure it looks amazing!!! Post a picture. Maybe we can help you figure out how to make it more so you like it too! :D

nanac 06-14-2013 07:10 AM

If you are very close to your granddaughter, show it to her and ask her how SHE would change it. Odds are, she won't want you to change anything, because it came from you. If it's a problem with spending time quilting it, send it out to someone else to quilt, so your DGD will get a chance to enjoy it. Besides, the quilting will probably it look better. So far, I am lucky enough that every quilt I have made had turned out better than I hoped, after it was quilted; any mistakes seem to "disappear", and the quilting just brings it all together.
Remember, this is a quilt your DGD requested, and it was made with love by you. She will love it, and that's all that really counts.

DOTTYMO 06-14-2013 08:28 AM

I would give it to her as a hug blanket. Then when you have a space make one you love.

sweetlummi 06-15-2013 03:50 AM

so right HillCountrygal. I say that all the time bite the bullet and just do it.