Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   LOTION FOR YOUR HANDS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lotion-your-hands-t115436.html)

BLady 04-11-2011 07:49 PM

I seen a tutorinal on quilting and the lady was talking about gloves when she quilts.She said that she uses the lotion and its very tacky but doesn't get oil spots or anything or your materisl.But I can't remember where I seen it.Does anyone know anything about this.
Thanks

Az Quilter 04-11-2011 07:51 PM

I use glycerine, and I've heard that aloe vera gel also works. I like it better than gloves and always use it when free motion quilting.

Wendy

BrendaY 04-11-2011 07:53 PM

It's called Gloves in a Bottle......at least that's the one I use. Got mine on Ebay... 2 purse size for $12.00, I think. Works really well, and lasts a long time.

TonnieLoree 04-11-2011 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaY
It's called Gloves in a Bottle......at least that's the one I use. Got mine on Ebay... 2 purse size for $12.00, I think. Works really well, and lasts a long time.

I have a cat that thinks she needs to help me when I am FMQ. Sometimes she sits on my lap and will not leave until I pet her. Will the Gloves in a Bottle product pick up cat hair if I pet her? It sounds like a great product, but I don't need to add additional fibers to my quilts. :)

SuzanneG 04-12-2011 03:28 AM

A few years ago I was on Diane Gaudynski's site and she mentioned she uses Neutrogena hand cream (it comes in a small tube) as she dislikes wearing gloves to quilt. I tried it and it really does work. Just a very small dab makes your hands and fingertips quite tacky making it easy to maneuver the fabric as you quilt. I've had the same tube for over three years and it's still almost half full. A little goes a looong way! :D

BrendaY 04-13-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

I have a cat that thinks she needs to help me when I am FMQ. Sometimes she sits on my lap and will not leave until I pet her. Will the Gloves in a Bottle product pick up cat hair if I pet her? It sounds like a great product, but I don't need to add additional fibers to my quilts. :)

Well, no... the cat hairs won't cling to your hands, but I don't know if the lotion will help with quilting or not. Guess I misunderstood the original question, but Gloves in a Bottle is a lotion for crafters that will NOT be sticky or leave a residue on whatever you handle. Sorry, my mistake... but it's an excellent product for what it does do!

TonnieLoree 04-13-2011 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

Well, no... the cat hairs won't cling to your hands, but I don't know if the lotion will help with quilting or not. Guess I misunderstood the original question, but Gloves in a Bottle is a lotion for crafters that will NOT be sticky or leave a residue on whatever you handle. Sorry, my mistake... but it's an excellent product for what it does do!

Not a problem! ;)