Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Love Getting Quilt Related Mail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/love-getting-quilt-related-mail-t62775.html)

luvTooQuilt 09-03-2010 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I love getting my Connecting Threads and Keepsake Quilting and usually love my magazines but I think I'm going to change by subscriptions. Definately getting rid of F&P, and now the new Quilters World was very disappointing. I think maybe McCalls Quilting for next year. Any other suggestions?

I second on the Quilters World.. Not what I had expected nor hoped.. I love Easy Quilts though.. Here's my list.. All in order by favorites..

1-American Patchwork & Quilting (BH&G)
2-Quilt
3-Easy Quits (F&P)
4- Quick Quilts (McCalls)

Djohnson 09-03-2010 04:33 PM

good to know that I'm not the only crazy one. I loce to get quilt stuff in the mail. I have so many magazines that I will never use them all but I keep vying more. I have begun to finish some UFOs. I bought 8 kits when I aaas in Pasucah last and I am foi f again this month so I needed to sew the ones I had so I could buy so e more. also I'm going to Marshalls Dry Goods so I may have to rent a U-haul.

Happy Tails 09-03-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare
I do "wishful thinking" every time I go to a fabric website. Sometimes I even put fabric in my cart, then delete the whole cart. It's not as satisfying as actually buying the stuff, but it's a lot cheaper!

lolol

sewhappy30 09-03-2010 05:17 PM

I love getting quilt stuff, magazines, catalogs,and especially my orders for fabric and quilt related items.

Love it! love it! love it!

debbieumphress 09-03-2010 05:20 PM

I came home after three days and there is a small stack of mags and ads from quilting type things. I hope everyone who gets catalogs etc other than Keepsake and COnnecting Threads anmdHancocks posts it on here so we can all subscribe. I look and buy and wish and then start over. LOL

Mary M 09-03-2010 06:02 PM

I just bought a bunch of used "The Quilter Magazine" and I really like the patterns they have in them. Of all the magazines I have seen, this is the one I would recommend. I don't like the McCalls because they have so many patterns that take templates and I don't like working with templates. I don't subscribe to any magazines anymore because of the cost but I will occasionally buy a quilt magazine at Sams Club because theyare discounted. I get good deals on used magazines on SEW IT'S FOR SALE. This waqy I feel I am being "green" and a good recycler :thumbup: Mary

hopetoquilt 09-04-2010 02:32 AM

I take apart the quilt catalogs. I tear out the pictures of quilts I like and then I keep them in a big binder with pictures of things that I have pulled off the Internet. I use page protectors to keep them nice. I also use the post it notes (or similar company) tabs to mark the pages of quilts I want to make in the magazines. Makes looking for a new pattern to try less cumbersome. I bookmark patterns, pictures and catalog websites on the Internet also. Keeps me from buying too many more books. I also can "order" books through my library with interlibrary loan from any library in the county and I can check out alot of quilting books without buying. I order over the Internet and just go pick them up.

19angel52 09-04-2010 03:47 AM

Oh my yes - it's the highlight of my day when I get a catalog (isn't it a shame that printing costs have gone up so much that most companies are discontinuing catalogs!) or a magazine...heck, even a plea to subscribe to a quilting magazine and they include those little pamphlets ! However, I have finally decided to stop renewing my magazines after I took stock how much I really USE them...maybe a total of 3 patterns from over 500 magazines. Still....I will probably buy one or two at the store and drool over them in the future....

mar32428 09-04-2010 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by donnaree59
Do any of you enjoy getting quilt related mail? I love it! I love any and all catalogs, brochures, anything. I especially enjoy when packages I've ordered come in: fabric, books, magazines, tools... the list goes on! I got in a new book (new to me) today "Quilting with Bits and Pieces". It's for quilts made from scraps... Very nice book; I just couldn't resist since it was on sale. I have more books and magazines than I will ever use, but I still cannot resist a good sale.

Anyway, I was just wondering if I am the only one who looks forward to getting any and all quilting catalogs. Can't order from all of them, but I can sure do a lot of "wishful thinking!".

Yes, It's like Christmas and my birthday rolled into one.

sjhughson 09-04-2010 04:28 AM

I am not renewing any paper quilting magazines. I'm subscribing to different sites/boards on the net. Saving trees, reading more, and learning lots. I love the boards/sites on the net. I get all my inspiration there/here.