Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Love of Quilting Magazine forever (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/love-quilting-magazine-forever-t283426.html)

jcrow 10-31-2016 09:30 AM

Love of Quilting Magazine forever

I've been getting 'Love of Quilting' magazine by Fons and Porter for years and years. I had to call them recently about an order and said I should probably renew my subscription while I was on the phone. The gal went quiet for some time and then she spoke. She said my subscription didn't run out until 2027. I asked her if she was kidding. She said she wasn't.

She said that I kept subscribing about three times a year or more for quite a few years. I said I only subscribed when there was a bag on the magazine and a subscription card inside of it. She said that didn't mean it was time to subscribe. Well, I'll be. Ha ha. I asked her if they could NOT put a bag around mine and NEVER put a subscription card in the bag. She said okay.

Am I the only kooky one out here? At least I never have to pay for it until 2027. That's a plus!

PaperPrincess 10-31-2016 09:40 AM

My husband gets 20+ magazines so I've really learned to manage them. On many magazines, your subscription expiration date is printed on your mailing label. Magazines (almost all magazines) will send a card out to renew your subscription far in advance of the actual date, often years in advance. I always check the mailing label before renewing.

Geri B 10-31-2016 09:55 AM

What if mag goes under before 2027-will you get a refund?

quiltsRfun 10-31-2016 10:00 AM

You have to watch for those and also the notices from phony renewal companies. I always check my label for the expiration date before renewing.

crafty pat 10-31-2016 10:05 AM

I noticed the other day that some of mine will out last me. I sure felt bad that I just kept sending in to renew whenever I got a notice without checking to see how long I have.

osewme 10-31-2016 10:44 AM

jcrow, that's too funny. Must be a good feeling to know you are paid up so far in advance! :)

feline fanatic 10-31-2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7689345)
What if mag goes under before 2027-will you get a refund?

Unfortunately with most printed publications that is not the case. How can they refund if the company goes belly up? Subscriptions are at the very bottom of the list when bankruptcy court allocates the payments out of the few remaining assets.

humbird 10-31-2016 11:44 AM

This very thing happened to me with Readers Digest some years ago. Taught me a lesson to check the label.

nativetexan 10-31-2016 12:32 PM

they always send more offers and i always look at the expiration date before falling for it. I was about to do two years on another one but realized they meant one year for me and one for a friend i'd given a year sub too. she didn't need the mag so i did not send them anything. i expire in 2017 on that one. only took it for my granddtr's school thing.

dunster 10-31-2016 01:12 PM

I've always been able to find a better rate than the ones given with the subscription cards that come with the magazines.