Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lovers Knot quilt by Eleanor Burns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lovers-knot-quilt-eleanor-burns-t209181.html)

linken 12-24-2012 02:46 PM

Lovers Knot quilt by Eleanor Burns

If any of you have made this quilt, how did you quilt it? The one I am making is king size;I really don't want to tie it, as per the instructions.Thankyou in advance, and Merry Christmas!!!

IowaStitcher 12-24-2012 03:55 PM

I have the top of mine done, pinned and ready to quilt. Thinking of interlocking heart designs over the blocks. I'm not much of an artist so drawing - even trying to visualize some of this-is very difficult for me. Found some heart patterns in Quiltmaker magazines and have been playing with them and the enlarger on the copier. Will see what happens when I get to it.

Dordee 12-24-2012 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by linken (Post 5738869)
If any of you have made this quilt, how did you quilt it? The one I am making is king size;I really don't want to tie it, as per the instructions.Thankyou in advance, and Merry Christmas!!!

I made this quilt in purples, I carried it to a LAQ and she quilted in butterflies it turned 0ut beautiful-I would post a picture but I can never get the size correct to post them (My quilt was also king size and I only know how to tie)

gingerd 12-24-2012 07:07 PM

That pattern was the very first quilt I made. The class was offered using Trudy Hughes' book. I stitched in the ditch to finish it.

SuzieQuilts 12-24-2012 08:40 PM

I have made two of these quilts. They went together well, but I would not recommend it for a first timer. I made mistakes both times and had to do major un sewing. My first Lovers Knot was in a class, and there were three first time quilters there. THey struggled so much and occupied the instructors time. I even had to help the gal next to me quite often. I did free motion quilting, loops and swirls on both quilts all over the quilt. I was happy with it.

Jingle 12-24-2012 09:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I made one and just did my usual, favorite quilting on it, A large stipple or meandering.

janedee 12-24-2012 10:52 PM

I did this for my daughters wedding quilt and used a few different heart designs over the blocks

sewplease 12-25-2012 10:50 AM

Jingle, your quilt is beautiful!

Jingle 12-25-2012 04:32 PM

Thank you sewplease. The quilt was a wedding gift for one of oldest Granddaughter's friends.

Dollyo 12-26-2012 03:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've made it 3 times. The first 2, I tied. The last one I did the "Vibrance" pantograph. It waited almost a year before I found a pantograph that I thought would do it justice. I made it at 4" because at that time, I had a short arm. Now that I have a mid-arm, I would make it 8". I like how it replicated the "V" in the lover's knot pattern and it looked like feathers (which I love).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384057[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]384056[/ATTACH]