Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   LQS is Moving Closer to My House! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lqs-moving-closer-my-house-t265276.html)

cashs_mom 05-17-2015 07:26 AM

LQS is Moving Closer to My House!

While I've been mostly using fabrics from my stash and what I buy at the Intl Quilt Festival every year for my work, I'm still excited that a LQS is moving very close to my house. I've used this shop before to add to fabrics from my stash and pick up a few new and interesting things because I could get there and back in the space of my lunch time (which I usually expand to an hour and a half). Now they are moving about 5 miles from my house! I'm so excited to have somewhere that I can run out and pick up something I need. Right now, I used the JoAnn's which is about 1/4 mile from me to pick up some things but I rarely find much fabric there that I like. So now I'll have somewhere to go for fabric, too! :o

Onebyone 05-17-2015 07:36 AM

Lucky you! The closest real quilt shops to me are over an hour away in opposite directions.

ManiacQuilter2 05-17-2015 07:38 AM

Lucky you. There is no LQS that I can reach by the local bus route. Buying most of the fabrics I need to finish a project online. It is hard not driving. You give up a lot of independence when that happens.

cashs_mom 05-17-2015 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7198164)
Lucky you. There is no LQS that I can reach by the local bus route. Buying most of the fabrics I need to finish a project online. It is hard not driving. You give up a lot of independence when that happens.

Oh, yes, you definitely would. I see that you are in So Cal. I grew up there and most things are oriented towards driving to get to them. I'm in the suburbs of Houston now and it's the same here. Its hard to get to places if you don't drive.

tessagin 05-17-2015 07:46 AM

I'm within 10-15 minutes of LQSs. I don't know what I would do if I had to go much further. Not used to it. Happy for you. Makes a difference.

AliKat 05-17-2015 10:43 AM

A mixed Blessing in that. Still, a Blessing.

juneayerza 05-17-2015 09:43 PM

I am so lucky where I live; I am close to everything I need. When I moved to this area there wasn't any thought about the stores being close by. We were looking for a newer, but established neighborhood and a house with a big garage and yard. We ended up on the borderline of two cities that basically had merged into one another.

There is nothing I need on a regular basis that isn't within 15 driving minutes of my house and most places are less than ten minutes. This includes the doctor and dentist, both 5 minutes away. There are two hospitals within 15 minutes. Also, a major shopping center within 15 minutes with a smaller one within 5 minutes (more like 3 minutes). And to top it off there is a Joanns and LQS within 5 minutes.

Barb in Louisiana 05-18-2015 03:40 AM

I visit in the Houston/Conroe area a good bit. I'm wondering which LQS is moving and to where.

nanna-up-north 05-18-2015 03:44 AM

How wonderful for you. We live in the middle of a national forest and getting to a quilt shop that has anything is an hour and a half drive. I wish something was closer to me.

mtkoldra 05-18-2015 05:41 AM

that is great, I have two QS near by, one open just a week ago, wish I was still working and making extra $ to buy fabric