Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   machine died, need a cheap/good one (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-died-need-cheap-good-one-t265721.html)

lynnie 05-28-2015 07:14 AM

I think I may try to look at the Walmart brother ones. I want it lightweight too.
looking for something smallish if possible. thanks everyone.

RedGarnet222 05-28-2015 08:21 AM

Hi Lynnie,
I know they sell machines at hancockfabrics.com or if you have a hancock store near you, you could go and look what is on sale. They often put them on sale, so you might luck out. I bought one on HSN once, off the t.v. during their craft day sale. A Janome quilter's edition. It was a really nice machine and the specialty feet were so reasonable to buy. Just a thought.

Pollytink 05-28-2015 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Blackberry (Post 7209399)
The one in sibram17's post from Walmart is a very good machine. I have purchased two of them because I want to have a backup if one stops working. Very light weight and east to handle.

I agree! It has an adjustable buttonhole/blanket stitch as well as "regular" zz. I've done some applique with it and like it very much.

slbram17 05-28-2015 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Blackberry (Post 7209399)
The one in sibram17's post from Walmart is a very good machine. I have purchased two of them because I want to have a backup if one stops working. Very light weight and east to handle.

I know, it does seem to be popular. I have even thought about picking one up myself.

Serita

slbram17 05-28-2015 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7209494)
I think I may try to look at the Walmart brother ones. I want it lightweight too.
looking for something smallish if possible. thanks everyone.

I'm pretty sure it will be lightweight. I don't think the Brother I mentioned is available at the store, only online. But it will be free shipping or pickup at store possibly. And you can return it if you hate it.

mmac71 05-28-2015 05:09 PM

The Walmart Brother that was mentioned with a link is super for the $150. price. I bought it online, delivered to Alaska, back to Okla. and I use it all the time. Has needle down, dogs down and mine came with the extended table and feet and about 60 stitches. Meanwhile my $600. fairly new Singer sits in the corner waiting to go for repair again!

Aurora 05-29-2015 03:26 AM

I really like my Janome New Home JW7630, it is manufactured for WalMart and costs $299.99. After I saw it at my local Walmart, I checked it out on line. It had really good reviews. I enjoy the speed control, needle up/down and other features not on my vintage machines. It is easy to use.

lclang 05-29-2015 03:34 AM

You will never be sorry if you buy the BEST machine you can possibly afford. Cheap machines seldom have the features that make sewing so much fun!

rainbowzebra 05-29-2015 04:46 AM

I have a Brother SQ9050, from Walmart, $200 couple of years ago, 100 stitches, light weight, sews everything. Really love it, would buy another if I had to.

twinkie 05-29-2015 04:52 AM

I like the Janome Jem and also the inexpensive Brothers at Wal Mart. I have used both and they are worth the money.