Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ?? for machine embroiderers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-embroiderers-t263860.html)

Gay 04-10-2015 07:50 PM

?? for machine embroiderers

If you have a re-sizing program for your designs, does it have a great success rate increasing the density of stitches? I have only tried Truesizer a couple of times with a 50-50 result, then my comp. crashed, so now I am looking to download another. Not sure what is available or how good they are, and would appreciate some feed-back. TA

quiltingcandy 04-10-2015 07:55 PM

Since my machine is a Viking I bought the 5D Embroidery program a couple years ago - there are 2 versions of it. I got the basic version and it said it could only enlarge up to 20%. The only enlarging I have done was lettering and it was okay. Usually I am making the designs smaller with good results.

Katiedid2 04-11-2015 12:32 AM

I like Embird.. use it for resizing mostly

LilaKay 04-11-2015 02:16 AM

I use Embird for resizing. Works great and adjusts the stitch count accordingly. I have enlarged designs 100% and it worked great.

mermaid 04-11-2015 03:37 AM

I use Bro P E Design-edit function-- or My Editor (free)..just whichever I'm working with. My Editor resizes and has a ''stitch density'' button. I should add that you shouldn't size up or down more than 20% or you can have problems. Sometimes you can save your resize, and then change it a bit more.

Hcim55 04-11-2015 03:38 AM

I use Husqvarna 6D.....although it is a great program, and has been noted to be one of the best on the market for file conversion (and I have had great success with conversion)....it is a little weak in the resizing area. Designs I have resized larger I have had to bring into stitch editor to fix stitches.

Weezy Rider 04-11-2015 06:03 AM

Don't know what it is now, but I have the old Babylock Size works which will increase density. Babylock seems to have renamed everything since I bought it about 5 years ago.

Dolphyngyrl 04-11-2015 10:06 AM

I have babylock embroidery works which is the same as embrilliance essentials but you will have to add on the density repair for embrilliance. Babylock doesn't have add-ons you pay full price all at once

Gay 04-11-2015 10:23 PM

Thank you all for your input. I do have digitising programs, but they don't successfully enlarge other formats, and am lothe to part with much more money than necessary. It seems I will just have to get the Truesizer again, at least it's free.

romanojg 04-12-2015 05:55 AM

I have 5D Pro and I have really good success rate with it. The one thing that I realized real fast was to use the resize tool instead of just dragging the design to increase/degrease size like you do in a Word program. It distorts the thread and you don't have full coverage. By using the resize program it keeps the design density accurate so you have a great design when you are done. I was so happy when I finally figured that out one year when doing Christmas runners and I thought the design was messed up when I bought it. Won't do that again.