Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-embroidery-t163344.html)

Sophie2 10-26-2011 05:19 AM

Just recently I was finally able to figure out the software program for using the embroidery features on my computer. Now I feel like a kid in a candy store! I want to make labels for my quilts using this feature. Without having to "recreate" the wheel, I am wondering if any of you have a favorite font/style you use for the wording on your quilts. I have only used one so far, and it seemed a little big. By asking this question, I thought it might save me some time and thread. Thanks for your help!

QuiltnNan 10-26-2011 06:02 AM

my machine's software does not name the font, but i like the one that is like Comic Sans MS. It allows me to make the words smaller and I don't really care for the fancy scripts so much... personal preference

Melinda in Tulsa 10-26-2011 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
Just recently I was finally able to figure out the software program for using the embroidery features on my computer. Now I feel like a kid in a candy store! I want to make labels for my quilts using this feature. Without having to "recreate" the wheel, I am wondering if any of you have a favorite font/style you use for the wording on your quilts. I have only used one so far, and it seemed a little big. By asking this question, I thought it might save me some time and thread. Thanks for your help!

I envy you!!!! Apparently, I'm to stupid to figure out the software. It just sits there going to waste.

Sophie2 10-26-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa

I envy you!!!! Apparently, I'm to stupid to figure out the software. It just sits there going to waste.

Mine was doing the same thing - sitting going to waste. Last weekend I had a class at a shop that I did not buy my machine, but they took 10 minutes on Friday and 5 minutes on Saturday to help me out. That is all it took! I was making the process much harder than it was! Maybe you can stop into a shop and they can help you also. I'm mad at myself for not looking into this sooner. Good luck.

:lol: :lol:

emerald46 10-26-2011 06:48 AM

Comic Sans is my favorite as well. I even use it for personal letters...it just looks cool.

romanojg 10-26-2011 07:21 AM

Congratulations. I bought a Ruby a few weeks ago and was getting frustrated as well. The LQS has a monthly embroidery club that I can go for free to help learn but that is such a slow process. This month I learned how to embroidery on cards stock to make greeting cards but don't want to wait another month to learn something else. Last night I took a design and the project sheet that I had downloaded from my favorite site and very successfully made a Halloween Clock face; now I just go to Walmarts and get a clock; take it apart and put the new face on. I'm so pleased with myself. My goal the weekend is to make an free standing lace angel, some ornaments and start on a tree skirt for my daugther and her first apartment. All of the designs and project sheets come from the same site so at least I'll have something to go by. I'm still working on the computer part and will call the store to see if I can get some extra training time in for that part. I spent so much for this machine that I'm not about to only do sewing on it. Good luck to all of you on getting out there and trying it all out. Lets just face it; if we fail, it's only thread and fabric or stablizer; nothing major.

Melinda in Tulsa 10-26-2011 06:13 PM

Mine was doing the same thing - sitting going to waste. Last weekend I had a class at a shop that I did not buy my machine, but they took 10 minutes on Friday and 5 minutes on Saturday to help me out. That is all it took! I was making the process much harder than it was! Maybe you can stop into a shop and they can help you also. I'm mad at myself for not looking into this sooner. Good luck.

Thanks Sophie! I have Designers Gallery Studio lll, Size Works and Letterworks. I took my laptop with me today while DH was doing physical therapy. I finally realized why I was having problems. Watching the tutorial, the instructor was talking really fast and I had such a hard time following/understanding what he was saying. I kept replaying the same chapter over and over! My dealership doesn't do lessons on the basic programs, mainly Masterworks, which I have no use for nor can afford! Guess I'll just have to keep replaying each chapter until it finally sinks in!

tuesy 10-26-2011 06:29 PM

I use Kaleigh alot

Sophie2 10-27-2011 04:35 AM

Thanks Sophie! I have Designers Gallery Studio lll, Size Works and Letterworks. I took my laptop with me today while DH was doing physical therapy. I finally realized why I was having problems. Watching the tutorial, the instructor was talking really fast and I had such a hard time following/understanding what he was saying. I kept replaying the same chapter over and over! My dealership doesn't do lessons on the basic programs, mainly Masterworks, which I have no use for nor can afford! Guess I'll just have to keep replaying each chapter until it finally sinks in!

Good luck with it. Maybe you can do what I did and went to a different dealer. I was there for classes, but not specifically for the computer part it. They spent just a few minutes with me. Made all the difference in the world and I will definately go to them next time I need a machine. Now that I know (?) what I am doing, I am having fun playing with it. Can't wait to get home at night to "play". Again, good luck!

sewnsewer2 10-27-2011 04:39 AM

What software do you have?