Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The machine that I was waiting on was delivered yesterday. ;) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-i-waiting-delivered-yesterday-%3B-t159127.html)

AngieS 10-09-2011 05:40 AM

If you read my other post about being given a quilting machine with a 12' table you may remember it was to be brought to my house yesterday. I had no idea what kind or anything.

What I was given was a DAQ on a 12' table. I haven't ever had a quilting machine so this will be an experience for me. I read somewhere that the company went out of business. As for now this will work for me. I am very new at this and will use it until I can purchase a different one later on maybe. I have read a few people's comments and one lady has had hers for about 15 years and is still using it.

I was also given lots of batting and a large spool of thread plus a kit for a Dresden Plate quilt. ;) Was like Christmas in our house.....for me. ;)

Just had to share.
Hugs,
Angie

QuiltnNan 10-09-2011 05:44 AM

congrats. enjoy your new acquisitions :)

scrapykate 10-09-2011 05:46 AM

oh what fun you will have!!

valleyquiltermo 10-09-2011 05:48 AM

Your a lucky Lady to have such a giving Angel in your life.
Enjoy your self with your gift. I started out with good will sheets and an old blanket for batting to learn the feel of the machine and see just what all I could do with it. ;-)

AlwaysQuilting 10-09-2011 05:50 AM

Lucky you! Please post a photo when you get it all set up

craftybear 10-09-2011 05:52 AM

Congratulations, have fun!

alikat110 10-09-2011 05:58 AM

yeah!!!!

AngieS 10-09-2011 06:00 AM

Thanks. ;) It's sad how it all came about though. The lady that had it owned it for less than a year. She passed away and her husband needed the space in the house. His grandson was moving in with him so he was going to bring it over. Then, his grandson got killed (only 19-was hit by an SUV). So, now the granddaughter is staying with the grandfather. Just sad.

I thanked him several times while he was here setting it up. He said if he could use it then he knew I would be able to. Just a very sweet man. When my friend mentioned me to him she told him that we had 5 kids. He said well, then she will get a lot of use out of it for those kids.

I have his address and will be sending him a Thank You card. Owning a quilting machine is a dream that I never thought would happen. ;)

Thanks for sharing in my fun.

Hugs,
Angie

craftybear 10-09-2011 06:02 AM

Wow, how nice of him and sure helped you out.

Originally Posted by AngieS
Thanks. ;) It's sad how it all came about though. The lady that had it owned it for less than a year. She passed away and her husband needed the space in the house. His grandson was moving in with him so he was going to bring it over. Then, his grandson got killed (only 19-was hit by an SUV). So, now the granddaughter is staying with the grandfather. Just sad.

I thanked him several times while he was here setting it up. He said if he could use it then he knew I would be able to. Just a very sweet man. When my friend mentioned me to him she told him that we had 5 kids. He said well, then she will get a lot of use out of it for those kids.

I have his address and will be sending him a Thank You card. Owning a quilting machine is a dream that I never thought would happen. ;)

Hugs,
Angie

AngieS 10-09-2011 06:20 AM

I'd like to do something as a Thank You but not sure what. Got any ideas? Thought about a table runner but eeeh, a gift card in the Thank You card? I don't know.....

Originally Posted by craftybear
Wow, how nice of him and sure helped you out.

Originally Posted by AngieS

Hugs,
Angie