Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machine just stopped working (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-just-stopped-working-t37658.html)

cizzors 02-22-2010 02:56 PM

This machine is about 5 months old . It's a Brother Project Runway Computerized. I was joining two rows together and stopped midway due to a hot flash :D .
I sew in my jammies and robe and all I did was stop to open the robe and when I hit the peddle, nothing.

Have turned it on and off several times. If the foot is in the up position I will get an error message. No message. I can reposition the needle and the reverse does take it's one stitch. I can also do the needle up/down. It just won't sew. Anyone have a clue? I won't take this to a shop simply because I only paid $130.00 for it. Just to look at it would be close to $100.00 itself. Help!

Thanks, Karen

stinkin' hot flashes!

sharon b 02-22-2010 02:59 PM

Have you checked to make sure the pedal didn't get unplugged from the back of the machine ?

quazyquilter 02-22-2010 03:03 PM

could it be that you have a short in the wire going to the pedal?

janRN 02-22-2010 03:04 PM

Unplug the machine for about 10 minutes. Plug it back in and see what happens. I don't know why, but sometimes electronic equipment needs to "reset" itself. Hope the fix is as simple as this.
Good luck and enjoy those hot flashes (or "power surges" as my friend calls them LOL)

Margie 02-22-2010 03:04 PM

Five months old should be under warrenty...I would think. Most have at least a year. Check all connections, maybe you knocked something out of wall or machine....or maybe just a loose connection.

Margie

cizzors 02-22-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Have you checked to make sure the pedal didn't get unplugged from the back of the machine ?

Here I was thinking I'm real smart and a step ahead of you ladies. I tell you everything that works and doesn't work.

Um, yeah, that was the problem :oops: . Do you charge by the hour or just the dumb questions? LOL! Thanks for your time!

sharon b 02-22-2010 03:22 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
WOO HOO
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Glad it was a simple fix.. now back to work ! :wink:

Oklahoma Suzie 02-22-2010 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Unplug the machine for about 10 minutes. Plug it back in and see what happens. I don't know why, but sometimes electronic equipment needs to "reset" itself. Hope the fix is as simple as this.
Good luck and enjoy those hot flashes (or "power surges" as my friend calls them LOL)

good idea, sometimes it just need to reset it's self. hope that works for you.

martha jo 02-23-2010 12:15 PM

It always helps to use one of those serge protectors like you use on computers. It prevents power surges or lightning from ruining the computers.

knlsmith 02-23-2010 12:18 PM

Too funny, sounds like one of my moments (eerrr uh days)! :)