Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Made my reservations for Paducah! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/made-my-reservations-paducah-t26825.html)

BellaBoo 10-10-2009 10:26 AM

I look forward to going to the AQS Paducah show all year. It's so much fun and I come home motivated beyond belief. Anyone planning on being there this coming April?

many craft person 10-10-2009 11:46 AM

I hope I get to go - I suppose I need to get started with reservations, etc I have planned every year to go, but something happens every time

BellaBoo 10-10-2009 12:18 PM

I always wanted to go and for too many years, something seemed to come up and I didn't make it. I got to thinking I wasn't getting any younger and if I didn't go do things I enjoyed, I'd be sitting at home in a rocker thinking why did I pass up the chance to do things. Now it's a given I'll be gone that week. If something comes up that is not devastating then either it will be there when I get back or someone else (hubby) handled it. Since my kids are grown I quit carrying tissues in my purse. Let someone else carry some. :D

mic-pa 10-10-2009 01:23 PM

I hope you have a wonderful time. It is a great show and so many things in town to see and do. Don't miss Eleanor Burns show or going to "Hancocks of Paducah" they always have great buys on fabric. Been there done that and wish I were going with you. Marge

grammo013 10-10-2009 04:37 PM

I am going this year for my first time. wooHOO can't wait

littlehud 10-10-2009 05:39 PM

I would love to go, but just can't this year. Take lots of pictures and share them with me please.

justwannaquilt 10-10-2009 07:48 PM

I have been thinking about going! We often make trips to Ft. Campbell to "hang out" with some friends from when we were stationed there. Paducah is right on the way and its only about 80 miles from post! I think I am going to have to talk my husband into going down and then leave him with the kids and Rach and I will take a trip to Paducah. I am sure between two men they can handle six kids ages 11,10,7,6,3, and 10 months!

knlsmith 01-13-2010 09:44 AM

I am going and my husband is going with me! He loves the shows. He doesnt sew, but he is amazed especially at the hand quilted ones (something I wont do I need instant gratification). We visit my sister in Knoxville, Tn thru the year and alwasy have to stop at the museum and hancocks if they are open. I am so excited!! My girlfriend and I went to Des Moines show this winter. I can't imagine what Paducah will be like. We both started quilting January of last year. She isnt a tru quilter though, she finishes everything and has no stash. I have at least 4 UFO's and lets not even talk about the stash! LOL

If anyone else is going or has been I'd love to hear about it.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-13-2010 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I would love to go, but just can't this year. Take lots of pictures and share them with me please.

I can't go either, have to work.

billswife99 01-13-2010 11:33 AM

I am so envious!! :mrgreen: I hope you have a wonderful time!!