Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Magazine subscription alert from Fons and Porter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/magazine-subscription-alert-fons-porter-t37364.html)

jljack 02-19-2010 07:34 PM

I recently got 2 of these on the same day, for American Patchwork and Quilting and Quilt. I threw them away, because I know I renewed these only a few months ago. You're right...they do look legitimate, but since they looked identical to each other, I took a hard look and found they came from a billing company. They hit the trashcan.

zz-pd 02-19-2010 08:54 PM

thank you for letting us know.

Oklahoma Suzie 02-20-2010 04:52 AM

wow, I get them all the time. Thanks for this.

Esqmommy 02-20-2010 08:32 AM

Thanks for posting this. Good info to know...I'll keep out a better eye!

LindaR 02-20-2010 09:02 AM

I have gotten this on Quilters Newsletter...didn't renew and couldn't believe anyone would pay so much...gee whiz

cjaye44 02-20-2010 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
I just got a "renew now and get a free year" from Frans & Porters, direct on my new magazine. It doesn't renew until December. I'm not even the one that has paid the subscription since I get it for Christmas from PIL. Look at the address label to find out when your subscription expires. One year I didn't check well on one of my son's car magazines and ended up extending his subscription for 4 years. Now days, we really need to watch what we are doing.
Wendy B

Is this the one that says 2 for 1 Mothers Day renewal? My subscription doesn't expire until Nov/Dec 2010. My first subscription was a gift from DD and should have expired in 2009. She said she didn't renew it and I know I didn't so I don't know why I'm still receiving it. I've never received a bill either so I don't know what's going on

butterflywing 02-20-2010 02:42 PM

i never renew by mail. i only renew by phone. i wait for one of the subscription cards with a code number. if i get one just before my current subscription runs out, i call it in right to the mag phone number, inside the front cover usually, and give them the special offer code number and my credit card number. if you want them to bill you, they will. but you know who you dealt with. i always call mine in a little early, with a code, and they simply attach it to the current subscription. they use the same credit card number and they update the expiration date. i always do it for three years at a time because the savings are a little better.

sunkistmi 02-20-2010 05:20 PM

Yes, cjaye44, it is that one. Mine was a Christmas gift from in-laws but I forget which ones I get myself. Guess that means I need to cut down. It's just annoying to have so much time left on subscription and be hit with "renew", even if it is a great deal.
Wendy B

charvan 02-21-2010 10:06 AM

I got several of those "phony" renewals, and after looking at them carefully, ran them through the shredder. The real renewals come with the magazine, or I use the 800 number.

stitchhappy 04-09-2010 06:08 AM

I am so glad I saw your post today. I just received one of those and I was really confused. I'm glad I didn't sent them any money.