Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Magic Pin Wheel Template (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/magic-pin-wheel-template-t80721.html)

cizzors 12-05-2010 07:37 AM

You know which one I'm talking about :-D

I understand the small is 3" and the large is 5". Does it matter what size a homemade one is? I have a 3 1/2" and a 5 1/2" blank that I would like to try.

Also, if I use these templates, am I correct in making the border the same size-3 1/2" and 5 1/2"? Thanks a bunch!

cjomomma 12-05-2010 07:45 AM

I'm guessing that it would be entirely up to you. If you are anything like me then don't follow the rules and do what you want with your quilts. Remember quilt police are just no it alls so don't listen to them.

cat-on-a-mac 12-05-2010 07:53 AM

I think the border does't need to be quite as large. Ie, for 5" blocks, a 3" border is enough

cizzors 12-05-2010 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac
I think the border does't need to be quite as large. Ie, for 5" blocks, a 3" border is enough

That's where I'm confused. I guess I assumed since the 3" border was used on the 3" template.....I assume alot!

Thanks!

LindaR 12-05-2010 09:54 AM

templates originally were 3-1/2" and 6-1/2" the small one is dobe 5" blocks with 3" border...I would try the 5-1/2" template with 7-1/2" blocks with 5" border...should work fine

klgreene 12-05-2010 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a smaller one. You can really make any size. I ended up making 2 1/2" blocks. on the border if you are talking the border fabric that is incorporated with the pinwheels, (like my beige fabric) that needs to be the same sizes as your original blocks. If you are talking about a border as in the finish it up, it can be anything you want it to.

I was just playing and wanted to try this.

cizzors 12-06-2010 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
I made a smaller one. You can really make any size. I ended up making 2 1/2" blocks. on the border if you are talking the border fabric that is incorporated with the pinwheels, (like my beige fabric) that needs to be the same sizes as your original blocks. If you are talking about a border as in the finish it up, it can be anything you want it to.

Got it. Thanks for explaining! Yours is the one I was thinking of when I posted the question.

Connie in CO 12-06-2010 06:42 AM

I just love making these.

klgreene 12-06-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by cizzors

Originally Posted by klgreene

Got it. Thanks for explaining! Yours is the one I was thinking of when I posted the question.

Glad I could help, if you have any other questions, just PM me. I haven't quilted in 3 days now, so going thru withdrawals, so I'll be back and forth between sewing room and computer room.