Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Make quilts to keep, give away or charity? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/make-quilts-keep-give-away-charity-t42074.html)

Nanjun 04-09-2010 10:13 AM

All of mine are made for charity and sent to childrens hospitals or NICU units here at home
The exception being , if I have a new great grand baby on the way I will make one for it. One is due any day now and his is already made.

bstanbro 04-09-2010 10:38 AM

I've made one for every member of my family, including me. Now I'm starting on charity quilts. Just finished my first Downey quilt yesterday.

1quilt_gma 04-09-2010 10:52 AM

Am having trouble staying up with the quilts I make to give away. I am a slow sewer but hope to become faster after I learn to machine quilt instead of handquilt.

nannya54 04-09-2010 01:10 PM

I've made one for myself but the rest have all been stored away for when the grandchildren get married or given to family and friends. The one I kept is for the guest room. Guess I've given that one away to guests too. lol

CoriAmD 04-09-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
I'll be keeping the quilts I'm working on now as they are going into my Guild's show in May. All the other quilts I'll be making this year will be gifts or for charity. Have 50+ log cabin blocks ready to be put together for a Veteran's quilt, and then onto some yellow centered string blocks for HeartStrings's latest challenge.

May in Jersey

Where can I get more information re: HeartString's challenge?

Olivia's Grammy 04-09-2010 01:23 PM

I do all the above. The ones I make for us are queen size or larger. My problem is DH, he can't let them go if they are queen size. I've made for all my siblings and am working on making for their children. I've made for Downy, Linus Project, nursing homes, firemen to give away. And tons of baby ones. I made so many for Olivia that she may never need another quilt.

katiebear1 04-09-2010 01:50 PM

I have only been quilting a little less than a year...so the first two quilts I kept as they had some noticable mistakes ( although my DH said he couldn't see them) I have made 4 lap quilts to give as gifts. I am now working on one for my DD.

Cookie64 04-09-2010 03:24 PM

I have done all of the above except making one for me, right now I'm making for the grandkids inbetween making for donations.

Cookie

CraftsByRobin 04-09-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
I have given most away, out of 37 I have 5 or 6 and 4 or 5 I haven't found someone for those yet. I like making them and save the ones I really like for myself.

I'm always up for accepting a beautiful quilt ;)

CraftsByRobin 04-09-2010 03:32 PM

I've made two baby quilts ... given both away ... machine stitched one together but hand quilted it. The other was kind of a pre-made panel ... so not sure it was a true "quilt"