Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Make your own Charm Packs. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/make-your-own-charm-packs-t150736.html)

carolaug 09-05-2011 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Accuquilt Go has a 5 inch square die. Love it...cuts in seconds I use only 3 layers of fabric at a time so that is 6 - 5 inch squares in seconds...I use my fat qtrs, many from the same line and of course on sale. I Wash, dry and press...then cut. I make my own charm packs for patterns that call for Charms.

auntpiggylpn 09-05-2011 06:18 PM

Smart girl! This die is next on my list!

RatherB Quilting 09-05-2011 06:21 PM

That's fabulous! They don't have those horrible pinked edges! Now those would be charms I might actually enjoy using! :)

bearisgray 09-05-2011 06:22 PM

And - the biggest plus in my opinion - you can have your fabrics washed before you cut them

(although I know there many that seem to prefer unwashed)

BellaBoo 09-05-2011 06:24 PM

I'm so selfish with my time I have the half square die, and the rectangle die. Why cut the squares into sections when the machine will do that too. LOL.

carolaug 09-05-2011 06:25 PM

I totally agree...and you save alot of money I am taking a class for a bag that calls for two charm packs...or 48 charms. cost savings over 50 percent.

Originally Posted by bearisgray
And - the biggest plus in my opinion - you can have your fabrics washed before you cut them

(although I know there many that seem to prefer unwashed)

carolaug 09-05-2011 06:34 PM

Not sure what you are saying? the machine cuts out two 5 inch squares with one layer of fabric or like I do ...three layers so that is 6 - 5 inch squares at a time.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I'm so selfish with my time I have the half square die, and the rectangle die. Why cut the squares into sections when the machine will do that too. LOL.

Dolphyngyrl 09-05-2011 07:39 PM

I want to get that die for my sizzix, they have one too!

BellaBoo 09-05-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
Not sure what you are saying? the machine cuts out two 5 inch squares with one layer of fabric or like I do ...three layers so that is 6 - 5 inch squares at a time.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo

I have all sizes of the square dies so I cut the squares and then recut the squares using the other dies. I like to cut using just half of one shape. I get very interesting cuts. I play with the dies. My favorite new die is the big 9 1/2" hex. I have the ribbon and ric rac dies preordered.

pjaco 09-06-2011 05:23 AM

Love hearing the ways you use your "go" system. I looked at one at the last quilt show and came so close to getting it, but just wasn't sure. Thanks for showing what it can do. who knows...maybe I will get one.