Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   making a 12"block into a 12 1/2" block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/making-12%22block-into-12-1-2%22-block-t42664.html)

Ms Grace 04-14-2010 04:50 AM

I think she's trying to get the measurements for a Bear Paw block. ;)
I've got connections. :lol:

sewcrafty 04-14-2010 05:00 AM

I have a spreadsheet that's for enlarging/reducing block sizes. The link is

www.thequiltedsnail.com/scale

Maybe this will help her.

turtlerouge 04-15-2010 02:42 AM

who are your connections, ey Ms. Grace? You're partially right about the bear paw, but I also want to make the jacobs ladder & on the oregon trail.

The swap I'm doing this for calls for 12 1/2" unfinished blocks. That is why I'm asking.

turtlerouge

turtlerouge 04-15-2010 02:46 AM

The blocks I want to make are:

Jacob's ladder
Bear's Paw
On the Oregon Trail from quilterscache

I want to make these blocks for the swaps. The swaps I'm thinking of calls for 12 1/2" unfinished.

thanks, turtlerouge

turtlerouge 04-15-2010 02:50 AM

thanks, raptureready!

I'll try these suggestions.

The swap I joined calls for 12 1/2" unfinished.

I want to make the jacobs ladder, bears paw, and On the Oregon Trail in the quilterscache.

turtlerouge

turtlerouge 04-15-2010 02:50 AM

I'll check this out sew.

Thanks, turtlerouge

turtlerouge 04-15-2010 02:54 AM

ktpp:

Hi, thank you for helping. I belong to a swap on here & the required measurement is for 12 1/2" unfinished blocks.

I'd like to "jacobs ladder, bears paw, & On the Oregon Trail" the last one is found on quilterscache.

thanks, turtlerouge :-D

Scissor Queen 04-15-2010 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
thanks, raptureready!

I'll try these suggestions.

The swap I joined calls for 12 1/2" unfinished.

I want to make the jacobs ladder, bears paw, and On the Oregon Trail in the quilterscache.

turtlerouge

If the block pattern in quilterscache says it's a 12 inch block then they are 12 1/2 unfinished already and you don't need to change the size.

Ms Grace 04-15-2010 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
who are your connections, ey Ms. Grace? You're partially right about the bear paw, but I also want to make the jacobs ladder & on the oregon trail.

The swap I'm doing this for calls for 12 1/2" unfinished blocks. That is why I'm asking.

turtlerouge

:lol: :roll: :lol: YOU!! :lol:

Beverly Polito 04-15-2010 05:54 AM

To make a 12 1/2" block you need to cut your material 4 1/2".
This will be unfinished block and when sewn with the rest of your blocks will than measure 12". You should use an accurate quarter inch seam. Take a ruler with a quarter inch measurement place it under your needle in your machine and mark where the quarter inch is from the needle. You can either use a quarter inch foot that you can buy genetic which should be cheaper than your normal quarter inch foot for your machine. If you are limited in funds just place a tape like masking tape for quarter inch measurement.

Remember usually the 12 1/2" block goes together as a nine patch.