Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Marathon #3 Portable Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/marathon-3-portable-sewing-machine-t34213.html)

LovingIzabella 01-15-2010 11:48 AM

Hi All
Does anyone here know anything about this particular machine?
Hugs
April

amma 01-15-2010 11:56 AM

Is that the brand name?

LovingIzabella 01-15-2010 12:01 PM

Amma
Yes it is. It is what is written right on the side where Singer or any other machine would put theirs.
Hugs
April

Oklahoma Suzie 01-15-2010 02:30 PM

I have never heard of them.

LovingIzabella 01-16-2010 05:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Okay so I took some pictures and I think it might have been a National Sewing Machine but I have no idea...anyone??
Hugs
April

amma 01-16-2010 05:50 PM

Ooooo she is awfully pretty!!! :D:D:D

Quilter7x 01-16-2010 06:21 PM

A local quilt shop may be able to help you. I've never heard of this brand machine, but it sure is beautiful!

LovingIzabella 01-17-2010 06:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks ladies she sure is..now to try and find out about her :-)
Billy here are two more pictures and the only number I could find on it were on the plate and it is 2136806. Thank you again for all of your help!
Hugs
April

Lostn51 01-17-2010 07:28 AM

So far with the help of my friends at the NeedleBar we have found out that it is a badged machine by the Davis SM Company. And everyone agrees that you have a REALLY nice find.

I will need some measurements on the bed to help with the model of the machine, but you need to treat this machine with the up most care. If I were you I would try and to find another one if you are wanting to use it because you will likely never find another one of these in this nice of condition.

I will PM you about how to clean it without risking any damage to the decals and how to go about freshening the lid (which has the tree of life carvings = more valuable) so it is not "over restored" looking and more original in the finish department. This is one of the machines that should only be looked after and never used at all.

Billy

LovingIzabella 01-17-2010 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
So far with the help of my friends at the NeedleBar we have found out that it is a badged machine by the Davis SM Company. And everyone agrees that you have a REALLY nice find.

I will need some measurements on the bed to help with the model of the machine, but you need to treat this machine with the up most care. If I were you I would try and to find another one if you are wanting to use it because you will likely never find another one of these in this nice of condition.

I will PM you about how to clean it without risking any damage to the decals and how to go about freshening the lid (which has the tree of life carvings = more valuable) so it is not "over restored" looking and more original in the finish department. This is one of the machines that should only be looked after and never used at all.

Billy

Billy,
Thank you sooo much for finding out about this machine for me-I surely do appreciate it. I picked it up for $10 merely because I really liked it and wanted an old machine to display. To now know I might have found a true find makes me so excited.
I look forward to finding out how to clean it right as I do not want to ruin it in any way-I think it is a beautiful machine.
Thank you again-I am doing a happy dance!
Hugs
April