Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Marshall Dry Goods (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/marshall-dry-goods-t322196.html)

cathyvv 01-10-2024 04:34 PM

Marshall Dry Goods

I went on MDG to look for backing and was pleasantly surprised that they now have 3 yard cuts at $7.99 a yard, or 23.97 for the 3 yard cut. Others are priced at 32.97. I'm guessing that these are remnants or clearance. They also show precut jelly rolls made from backing fabric @ 24.99. That's a way you can see all of a particular backing colors.

Some of the $7.99 backings are patriotic, so great if you make QOV.

Just thought I'd share.

Oksewnsew 01-10-2024 06:52 PM

Every fabric I've purchased from them is great...Haven't had any problems at all, washes great, and they don't short you on yardages..

sewbizgirl 01-10-2024 08:11 PM

They always have $8/yd backing fabrics in their store. It's such a treat to go there and see everything in person!

Onebyone 01-10-2024 08:16 PM

I go there a lot. I buy name brand fabric by the yard 1/2 what the quilt shops sells it. The retail side does not have a big mark up. They don't rely on the retail sales for their main profit.. They are a fabric distributor. I have never had MDG fabric bleed no matter how rich the colors. I bought some of the new jelly rolls and they are gorgeous. Can't tell any difference from some of Stonehenge lines.

Snooze2978 01-11-2024 06:54 AM

I've picked up fabrics from their lower priced fabrics or maybe they were just on sale at the time plus a few of their backings. I've never been disappointed in my purchases from them.

cathyvv 01-11-2024 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8631550)
They always have $8/yd backing fabrics in their store. It's such a treat to go there and see everything in person!

Sadly, their backing prices have gone up, at least online. The lowest price online backing is now $9.990 yard.

MDG also has quite a few Christmas, Halloween and patriotic fabrics on sale for $1.99.

Onebyone 01-11-2024 01:16 PM

All MDG 108 backings are $5.50 a yard wholesale if you buy a bolt. You don't need a tax number to buy any MDG fabric by the bolt. Usually 15 yard bolts which will be plenty for three large quilts. Check out the wholesale site for big savings.
I have two friends and we each buy a bolt and split it three ways. We all get three different backings. It saves us a lot of money and we are lucky that we live close enough to shop there in person.

lwbuchholz 01-11-2024 04:11 PM

I haven't a clue what your abbreviations stand for. Can you give me a clue please.

Onebyone 01-11-2024 04:35 PM

MDG- Marshall Dry Goods

quiltsfor 01-12-2024 04:04 AM

I used to buy a lot of fabric by the bolt from them. I can't say a lot about their customer service though. I had a issue with a bolt I purchased. -- it was in multiple cut length pieces. I email a few times over a course of a couple of weeks and never heard back from them. (Can't call due to hearing impairment). Occasionally I've thought about buying from them again, but I don't want to run into another issue and get ignored, and get stuck with something that I can't use it for what I bought it for..