Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Martinelli ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/martinelli-t276914.html)

sewvic 03-22-2016 04:45 AM

I recently read that Martelli runs their sales in November, so you will have to be patient for a while longer.

Vat 03-22-2016 06:00 AM

They are at most of the larger quilt shows and the show specials they have are wonderful ! ! But they also run good
specials on line. You will not be disappointed even if you have to wait a while. Make sure you also get a rotary cutter they are great.
I cut my binding fabric 1 7/8 inches and they made me a ruler that I could cut 7 strips a one time. They are
some of the best people to work with you will find anywhere.

Suz 03-22-2016 07:24 AM

Martelli

Misspelled Martelli. Original response was "Martinelli"

Suz 03-22-2016 07:25 AM

I must be out of the loop. Please tell me what is so special about the Martelli mat.

Auntevie 03-22-2016 07:43 AM

Oops on the spelling! I shoukd have checked tgat.
But my fingers are crossed for a Black Friday sale!

Jim's Gem 03-22-2016 10:02 AM

They occasionally put out Red Line sales and you can get the mat for a great price. Keep watching. Not sure how often they come out. I did see more last fall than I have this spring

Jim's Gem 03-22-2016 10:03 AM

Suz, they have the best (IMHO) cutting mat around. Accurate lines, thick mat, doesn't easily warp. But expensive. I have had mine about 2 years now and still love it!!!!~

amyjo 03-22-2016 11:12 AM

I went and looked at their cutting mats and price. YIKES!!! I guess I will not be buying one of them anytime soon, but if they come on sale I will, esp. the big one.

leighway 03-22-2016 12:03 PM

Martelli has a 16 in round rotating cutting mat. BUY THIS!! It's my favorite cutting surface and is so helpful to be able to spin it. NO comparison between it and the Olfa rotating square mat....the Olfa is wobbly and cheap compared to the Martelli. love martelli products.

Shorebird 03-22-2016 01:05 PM

"Martelli Redline Direct Sales"

Originally Posted by Auntevie (Post 7499608)
I really really want a martinelli cutting mat! Lol! i signed up for their newsletter and have been waiting not so patiently for a sale because they are expensive, IMO. Do they typically run sales the same times each year? Any thoughts on when they will have another?

I bought an an olfa mat and it def cuts well. (Smoother than my old fiskars) However, I use the lines on the mat for measuring and they aren't exact and are thick. Hence.... I really need a martinelli sale! :)

I think you are referring to the Martelli RedLine Direct sales..............Those occur 3-4 times a year....there was one just before Christmas (maybe late NOV or early DEC)..they do have specials at the quilt shows where they are listed as a vendor, but the deal is typically not as good as the 50% off retail...........make sure you are signed up on their Martelli Notions webpage, and have liked them on Facebook to make sure you do not miss a sale.........