Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mary Ellen's Best Press. What do you Think? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mary-ellens-best-press-what-do-you-think-t115615.html)

incoming2me 04-12-2011 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by miholmes
It's ok. I purchased it at first, but then I heard about Faultless Maxx. You can pick it up at Walmart, it's about 1.89 i believe.

I like this just as well if not better. Not that Mary Ellen's is a bad product I just prefer to save a little money.

If you haven't tried it, you might consider it. I was really pleased with it and use it all the time now. You get a lot more for the money. And with the economy the way it is, saving some dough is always a plus! :)

I absolutely LOVE Faultless Maxx - talk about fabric being able to stand up on it's own! Good stuff.
The version I have is Lavender scented - nice.

On the other hand.. I have Mary Ellen's too.
I bought a gallon if it on Joann's website with a 50% off coupon. (Lavender scent!)
There's no way I would have bought it full price.
It doesn't starch as stiffly as Maxx - but I do like it especially on dark fabrics I'm using for items that will not be washed (pin cushions/needle cases/etc) as it leaves no white residue.

deedum 04-12-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by miholmes
It's ok. I purchased it at first, but then I heard about Faultless Maxx. You can pick it up at Walmart, it's about 1.89 i believe.

I like this just as well if not better. Not that Mary Ellen's is a bad product I just prefer to save a little money.

If you haven't tried it, you might consider it. I was really pleased with it and use it all the time now. You get a lot more for the money. And with the economy the way it is, saving some dough is always a plus! :)

I will have to give Faultless Maxx a try, I like saving money, but I do like Mary Ellen's!!!

incoming2me 04-12-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
It is pricey but it gets extra points for *NOT* coming in an aerosol. My sister used that Faultless Maxx spray on a shirt and besides the fact that it broke my heart she used an aerosol, it smelled awful.

The Faultless Maxx I found is non-areosol - and is lavender scented.
I know everyone has their quirks about scents (Lord knows I do!) but I found it to be a pleasant scent. :)

LivelyLady 04-12-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
It's out of my price range, I'll just continue to use my Sta-Flo starch. It's non aerosol to boot.

Ditto and buying a jug of it and mixing it in a spray bottle to suit your desired stiffness is a plus

TootieAnn 04-12-2011 06:40 PM

I like it. I use it for clothes too.

luvTooQuilt 04-12-2011 06:42 PM

I like it on the finished product . When piecing I use my own starch mix. Cheaper and no one is gonna see the flakes after it's washed anyhow .

b.zang 04-12-2011 07:05 PM

I don't like heavy scents and Best Press doesn't overwhelm me. I'm going to repeat the comment that it gets out those stubborn crease lines.
I spritz it on, then let my item dry thoroughly before pressing.

Az Quilter 04-12-2011 07:09 PM

I tried it; smells nice, but I prefer a stiffer finish. I'm back to using heavy spray starch from Walmart for 97 cents a can.

sewnsewer2 04-12-2011 07:12 PM

I love it!! I get the unscented tho because the others gag me.

deanneellen 04-12-2011 07:48 PM

I love it and was able to get a good deal when it was on sale at Hancock Fabrics. Joann's also will have it on sale at times.