Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Me too please.....HELP! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/me-too-please-help-t109180.html)

susanwilley 03-20-2011 10:53 AM

What am I doing wrong? My quilt top will not stick to the batting. I am using Taylor spray and it just will not stick. It worked just fine spraying the backing and sticking the batting to the back but the top will not stick to the batting. I sprayed the batting twice and it still isn't sticking. I guess for now I'll have to pin it.

oatw13 03-20-2011 10:57 AM

Did you try spraying the top and then pressing the top onto the batting?

Sometimes if the top is starched too heavily, I have problems with it sticking.

Also, I have had problems with the spray if the can is not at least room temperature and the fabrics, as well. In other words, it doesn't work as well for me when it is cold.

Kitsie 03-20-2011 11:15 AM

Had the problem, realized I was tipping the can too far (to horizontal) and just spraying air. Worth a try. I have no problems with the Taylor spray.

Good luck!

AliKat 03-20-2011 11:28 AM

You aren't supposed to spray the batting as it will absorb all the spray and not be effective. Try spraying the wrong side of the top and then doing the placement.

ali

pstoner 03-20-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by AliKat
You aren't supposed to spray the batting as it will absorb all the spray and not be effective. Try spraying the wrong side of the top and then doing the placement.

ali

This is how it has been explained to me as well, spray the backing, add batting, then spray the top and lay onto batting.

katier825 03-20-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by AliKat

ali

I was taught the opposite. Interesting how different everyone does things. I say, do whatever works. I've never had a problem when spraying the batting. But if it's not sticking, spray the fabric.

terri bb 03-20-2011 01:02 PM

spray the backside of the quilt top, it works for me and yes, mine won't stick to the batting either if i spray the batting only...have fun! im gearing up to do the same this afternoon!

sharoney 03-20-2011 01:06 PM

I always spray the batting- never had a problem. But it could be different lofts, or kinds of batting don't stick as well.

thepolyparrot 03-20-2011 01:31 PM

It says right on the can to spray the batt, then lay the fabric over it.

Hope you can get it fixed! :)

mayday 03-21-2011 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
What am I doing wrong? My quilt top will not stick to the batting. I am using Taylor spray and it just will not stick. It worked just fine spraying the backing and sticking the batting to the back but the top will not stick to the batting. I sprayed the batting twice and it still isn't sticking. I guess for now I'll have to pin it.

why not do sharon schamber method-----SO EASY.