Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Meet a member of this MB (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/meet-member-mb-t45913.html)

May in Jersey 05-15-2010 05:34 AM

Yesterday Mary Jane came to my Guild's quilt show in Middletown, NJ. She came with 2 friends and they seemed to enjoy the show. Wish I wasn't working at different tasks yesterday or I could have spent some time with them.

Our show is held in a historic park with an old farm House and barn, as well as 2 modern buildings. Quilts are displayed in all 4 buildings as well as vendors and a small cafe for lunch or snacks. I think the walk downhill to 2 of the buildings was something unexpected, they said next time they'd take their golf carts, LOL! Getting our bi-annual show up and running is a a huge undertaking but from the smiling faces of the attendees yesterday is was well worth it. May in Jersey

amma 05-15-2010 05:48 AM

So Happy that you got to meet and that your quilt show was a big success :D:D:D

craftybear 05-15-2010 08:39 AM

awesome!

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Yesterday Mary Jane came to my Guild's quilt show in Middletown, NJ. She came with 2 friends and they seemed to enjoy the show. Wish I wasn't working at different tasks yesterday or I could have spent some time with them.

Our show is held in a historic park with an old farm House and barn, as well as 2 modern buildings. Quilts are displayed in all 4 buildings as well as vendors and a small cafe for lunch or snacks. I think the walk downhill to 2 of the buildings was something unexpected, they said next time they'd take their golf carts, LOL! Getting our bi-annual show up and running is a a huge undertaking but from the smiling faces of the attendees yesterday is was well worth it. May in Jersey

Pam 05-15-2010 09:05 AM

Our small guild does a bi annual show as well, it is a lot of work, but WELL worth the effort. I wish we had more go getters to help lighten the load.

quiltluvr 05-15-2010 09:34 AM

Yes, they are a lot of work but it's so repaid to see all the attendees enjoying all the displays. Glad you had such a nice turnout.

Wish I would've known about quilting when I lived near there in E. Keansburg and Keyport!

CarrieAnne 05-15-2010 10:03 AM

Neat!

dkabasketlady 05-15-2010 02:59 PM

I'm so glad that you finally got to meet a member of the board and also had a great quilt show!!

Luv Quilts and Cats 05-15-2010 03:21 PM

Sounds like you had a good time, even if you were a little busy.

May in Jersey 05-15-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
Yes, they are a lot of work but it's so repaid to see all the attendees enjoying all the displays. Glad you had such a nice turnout.

Wish I would've known about quilting when I lived near there in E. Keansburg and Keyport!

Me too, it would have been nice to know you when you lived near me - I'm in the town next to Keyport. May in jersey

littlehud 05-15-2010 06:55 PM

What fun to meet a member here. It does sound like these shows are lots of work, but believe me, we appreciate them.