Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mega quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mega-quilter-t109432.html)

peppermint 03-21-2011 08:27 AM

Has anyone own a Husqvarna Viking mega quilter. If so have you had any problems with it. I have been hearing that the newer vikings are having alot of problems. There has been alot of dispointment in Viking. I own a Designer II and just love my machine.

mytwopals 03-21-2011 08:35 AM

Not sure which Viking MegaQuilter you are referring to, the 9" or the 18"? The 9" model is built by Janome and the 18" model is built by Tin Lizzie. So, there have not been may problems with either one. Tension is the most common problem, which is easily remedied by using quality thread. I own the Pfaff version of the 9", also made by Janome and have had no problems at all with mine.

icon17 03-21-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by peppermint
Has anyone own a Husqvarna Viking mega quilter. If so have you had any problems with it. I have been hearing that the newer vikings are having alot of problems. There has been alot of dispointment in Viking. I own a Designer II and just love my machine.

I have the 9in Mega Quilter (only 2 mo.) Love it.

Sadiemae 03-21-2011 08:57 AM

No problems with the 9" here.

pennijanine 03-21-2011 10:19 AM

No problems here...

designsforyou 03-21-2011 10:38 AM

We own a Husqvarna Viking Diamond that we love, but we have heard that Husqvarna Viking is no longer making them in Sweden by hand assembling them . Instead they are mass producing them in Bangladesh(sp). We also have heard of people that have recently bought new machines and are having problems with them. We have also heard that Viking will no longer sell, warrenty, or service the "Q-Bot" which we own.

quilter1943 03-21-2011 10:40 AM

I have a Mega Quilter that is a little over a year old and I love it. The only thing I've discovered with it is that you have to be careful using a different thread in top and bottom. As long as I use same weight thread in both, it quilts beautifully, the throat is wide enough to do a King and it is very smooth. I've heard that they're making them in China now and haven't sewn on any new ones.

peppermint 03-21-2011 01:43 PM

There was a Husqvarna viking mega quilter with a inspira quilting frame on e-bay and sold for 1550.00
Do you think that was a good buy. I don't know what the machine had sold for new or the frame.

PaperPrincess 03-21-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by peppermint
There was a Husqvarna viking mega quilter with a inspira quilting frame on e-bay and sold for 1550.00
Do you think that was a good buy. I don't know what the machine had sold for new or the frame.

Sounds like the smaller one (9" throat) with the old style frame.

Homespun 03-21-2011 06:19 PM

I have a husqvarna Viking Mega quilter with a 9 1/2" throat and I am having tension problems. It will work ok for a while and then start messing up. I bought it 3 years ago.