Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Meqa quilter by Husqvarna (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/meqa-quilter-husqvarna-t40604.html)

raccoond 03-24-2010 05:46 PM

I just recently purchased this machine from a fellow quilter and my first quilt went like a dream. They are a blast to run. I then put on another quilt for my dad and I have had nothing but breaking thread, loose thread, breaking needles. Does anyone else own one of these? I have read on a couple of sites that it does take awhile to get the tension correct. Help anyone?

tmg 03-25-2010 03:28 AM

try changing the needle

eparys 03-25-2010 04:58 AM

Here are my recommendations:

1 Re-oil it (mine requires ever 10 hr - i do it about 8)

2 Completely re-thread the machine (take off the spool and start like you had no thread on it)

3 Take out bobbin and carrier - remove bobbin and re-insert (I too when in a hurry can do this backwards)

4 Clean out lint from thread plate and bobbin area

5 New needle

Good Luck!!

Oklahoma Suzie 03-25-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by eparys

2 Completely re-thread the machine (take off the spool and start like you had no thread on it)

3 Take out bobbin and carrier - remove bobbin and re-insert (I too when in a hurry can do this backwards)

5 New needle

Good Luck!!

Good ideas.

DA Mayer 03-25-2010 08:07 AM

Go to Mega Quilter website and they have a print out list, they also have a site like this for owners of mega quilters. Make sure you roll the layers in the right direction, don't have the layers too taut when you quilt. sew from left to right, if you have a stitch regulater make sure wheels are in contact with frame, have you leveled the frame? dull needle should be changed, and some thread won't work on the top. Breathe when you are stitching.

kat112000 03-25-2010 08:15 AM

I change my needle with every new quilt. Make sure the take up arm is not too high from adjusting from your last quilt. Make sure the quilt is not too tight on the frame. Lets see what else have I learned on 5 quilts? Hold your tongue just right in your cheek.

quiltsRfun 03-25-2010 12:59 PM

Hold your tongue just right in your cheek.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh. :lol: :lol:

grammypatty7 03-26-2010 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by eparys

5 New needle

Good Luck!!

I agree with all of the above and especially the new needle. I was advised to put a new needle for every quilt which seems excessive to me but truly does make a difference. Also was advised that even if I did put in a new needle and ran into problems, try another needle as due to mass production, some do come with tiny flaws that wreak havoc on our sensitive electronic machines. Are you using the same brand of thread you used on the first quilt? It could be a thread issue as well. Good luck.

roseOfsharon 03-26-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun

Hold your tongue just right in your cheek.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh. :lol: :lol:

Laughing here, I wonder does anyone else do funny facial expressions when sewing! I have found that I tend to run my tongue over the inside of my lower lip.. lol don't know why , maybe that is my concentration mode! lol

kuseta 06-17-2011 11:00 AM

I am having similar problems with thread breaking. I have no experience yet with my mega quilter and inspira frame and I'm still in practice mode. I will try all the suggestions here! But one question, what difference does sewing only left to right make?