Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Message Board Retreat, time to get serious (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/message-board-retreat-time-get-serious-t11983.html)

Oklahoma Suzie 10-07-2008 05:02 PM

Wow, I would love to go, but my son is getting married on the 20th in Rhode Island. Maybe next time.

QuiltingTurtle 10-07-2008 05:14 PM

I sew want to go!!! I am more afraid of not knowing anyone. I mean I love everyone on here, but I get shy in real life!! Anyone else like that??

I am seriously thinking of this though. I will give an answer in the next little while.

sewjoyce 10-07-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingTurtle
I sew want to go!!! I am more afraid of not knowing anyone. I mean I love everyone on here, but I get shy in real life!! Anyone else like that??

I am seriously thinking of this though. I will give an answer in the next little while.

I won't know anyone either!! But that's part of the fun :!:

Dorothy of Kansas 10-07-2008 06:12 PM

Quilting Turtle, your shyness wouldn't last long around such a great bunch of people...trust me. I'm usually shy, also, but when I met Judy, I felt so comfortable with her, you would have thought we had known each other for a long time!!! So, come on over, if you can and have a great time.

jstitch 10-07-2008 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingTurtle

I used to be a very shy person, so I know of what you speak.

And, I am going to try to encourage you to come ahead. This is a small venue and a lot of the activities are on a one on one basis...and dinner is at regular dining room tables with just 4-6 people at a table.. very easy to get around. And I will have some helpers along with the Inn Keeper to attend to your every need.

Judy

jstitch 10-07-2008 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
OK, I can get to Wichta, Kansas. Will there be a van/bus to take us to Stafford??

Keep in touch with me as you make plans. We will try to coordinate rides so that you can share a ride from Wichita to Stafford.

Quilt4u 10-08-2008 02:35 AM

Would love to go but I just checked out the Air fare from Mass to Kansas. Way out of my reach on my buget. Sorry. I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

purplemem 10-08-2008 03:13 AM

Not in the mood for a LOOOOONG road trip??
Did you check flights to Kansas City, Or Oklahoma? You could rent a car from there and drive about 3 hours...
I know, a long trip, but we are worth it!! :wink:

QuiltingTurtle 10-08-2008 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Would love to go but I just checked out the Air fare from Mass to Kansas. Way out of my reach on my buget. Sorry. I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

we could collect all us New Englanders and make a great roadtrip. Kind of a party before the vacation type thing :mrgreen:

GailG 10-08-2008 04:33 AM

You lucky people, enjoy the retreat. And remember to keep those of us who will be with you in spirit in mind. Keep us "posted" on everthing that you do. And remember pictures, pictures, pictures.