Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mini Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mini-mystery-t24486.html)

cutebuns 08-22-2009 02:15 PM

Thank you very much, it is my favorite lay out as well, The colors are not from my scrap pile, it is rather low right now, and after doing the black one first, wanted something totally different, with most of the cuts being so small, it doesn't even put a dent in many of the colors, for the ones that used all one piece for their lights, they still only went through a 1/3 of a yard.

I hope that you consider joining us in the next one!

cutebuns 08-22-2009 02:19 PM

So I am not sure how or what is left, I am not even sure of the numbers participating. though there are a lot of hits so we have a number of spectators today, which is a good thing as well, maybe next time we can talk a few more into participating. Today has been a lot of fun. I am going to post the rest as it is now not a big surprise, the borders are plain and not pieced. and then for those watching, can maybe start cutting and sewing it now that they know what they are doing!

cutebuns 08-22-2009 02:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Time to add your borders, measure length and cut and sew border A on all sides, you should be square.

Press.

Measure and cut border B, attach to the top.

The top is now complete, you should measure approx 24” square.

Sandwich, quilt and bind!

As you can see, I changed the borders a bit on the black one, It just seemed to call for something a little different.

thimblebug6000 08-22-2009 02:28 PM

Didn't take me hardly any time to bike over there & back...so will try & put these together now....

cutebuns 08-22-2009 02:30 PM

Great, I can hardly wait to see them together!!!!!!!!!!!

amma 08-22-2009 02:31 PM

Oh cutebuns, those are both beautiful :D :D :D

cutebuns 08-22-2009 02:35 PM

thank you very much Amma, they are really fun to do, I don't generally make the same quilt twice, and I would consider doing this again,

If anyone needs different cutting directions as well for different size blocks, just ask, it is easy to do it up for 3, 6, 9 inch blocks, and one or two in between,

And remember, I will be assembling all the the directions together to make it easier as well, though once you see them done, it is easy enough,

grammo013 08-22-2009 03:07 PM

I would like directions for the 9" please. I love this pattern. You did a terrific job on the tutorial. thanks I don't like doing mini's though but will make it large soon as I have directions.

have a great weekend.

Linda D MI

cutebuns 08-22-2009 03:42 PM

I will put it in when I add everything together, the math is pretty simple on this one.

sewjoyce 08-22-2009 03:46 PM

Cutebuns -- what a fun looking little quilt!!! Thanks for all your hard work! :D

I've printed out all the directions (I think) and will try to do this later on in the week!! :D