Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mini Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mini-mystery-t24486.html)

Lacelady 08-24-2009 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by omak
VERY PINK! YUCK!
oh, well ... someone is going to love this and, I know I LOVED getting some fat quarters used up ...
Thank you again CB for the mini mystery, and I will be waiting for the next one with bells on my toes and where are the whistles supposed to go???
HA! I AM getting old! LOL

It's called 'waste not, want not' here Omak, and I think they are both lovely.

tlrnhi 08-24-2009 02:13 PM

I think they all came out cute!

cutebuns 08-24-2009 02:32 PM

I love how you used up your scraps, it will be perfect for the isolet covers, and a lot of people like pick.

sandyJ 08-25-2009 08:08 PM

I "stumbled upon this" thread last night!!!
ALL of you participants ... pat yourselves on the BACK...
Well done !!
I want to do this .. but have 2 queen plus projects inworks now...
and Work full time, I maybe sew two nights a week and some saturdays
ALL day please send me the Whole instruction set!!! for "someday"
I tryed to find all the parts but ?? do not know IF indeed I did get all /...

again I am green with enviy to those who did such fine jobs!! :mrgreen: :!:

cutebuns 08-25-2009 08:28 PM

I am happy that you found the mystery then. I am working on getting them all complied into one file so there is just one download, maybe save a page or two printing as well that way. I am also going to be including the cutting directions for different size blocks.

I am very happy that it was so well recieved and even more so of the results, those that showed us their work did a stupendous job. Way exceded my expectaions of participation.

sandyJ 08-25-2009 08:37 PM

thanks cutebuns.. for initiating this mystery ! it was fun just to read the chats.. and then see the results.. close to going to sewing class ( only not hefting the machine and supplies... LOL

where in th emiddle of a farmers field???

cutebuns 08-25-2009 08:45 PM

I guess I should change that one day, I live in rural Alberta, just north of Edmonton. Literally in the middle of a farmers field.

Funny story, we had family out last summer for a get together, one BIL emailed me for directions saying that the gps's can dump you in the middle of a farmers field and then laugh, I had to laugh, I had to tell him that it would indeed dump him in the middle of a farmers field.

Glad that you enjoyed following our progression through the day, it was a lot of fun for me. I have a few other tuts in the planning stages as well as another mini mystery.

Iluv2quilt 08-26-2009 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Omak is looks great, and see we learned so much or so much of what not to do!

While I was doing the final joining of blocks, they were laying on the table in a certain position ... and, I just couldnt' see that it wasn't going to be anything but a big mess because of my "light" choice ... but, when I got the borders on, and the mini ready for the photo, it really just started looking like I had known what I was doing.
I swear! (even though my mother says I shouldn't) It wasn't until after I snapped the picture that I realized I had turned the left and right upper 2x2 sections ... by then, no way I was going back <g> ...
This was a grand mini mystery, and I will be looking forward to the next one.
In the meantime, I am signing off to go pay bills, finish my THIRD mystery quilt from that one day special that got CB so excited, and put all the scraps from both mysteries into a little quilt for incubator cover ... and THEN! Cut some more strips for another mini ... JUST because I want to do better.
:!: :!: By the way, SUZIC46 ... is there anything in my block that looks familiar? 8)

I see a star in the Center if that's what you mean - looks great! :D I'm sewing my last row on now so should be able to finish today or tomorrow. Minis are fun.

kwhite 08-26-2009 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Well I am done with the top. I will be putting on a boarder but I dunt know what yet. I had a great time with this CB thanks for doing this.

SO wonderful!
Sometimes, the most straight forward approach is impressive...
I would do another mini JUST to be able to do something like your layout, KW <wave>
good show!

What a wonderful complement. Thank you so much.

Iluv2quilt 08-27-2009 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I finally finished my mini mystery quilt (still need to add borders), wow was that an experience! Thank you Cutebuns for the great mini quilt! I had fun even tho I wasn't able to do it with you all. Her's the pic...