Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Minky from Ebay (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/minky-ebay-t40674.html)

Rachel 03-25-2010 11:30 AM

I just ordered some Minky from ebay. It was only $7 a yard and it appears to be a regular seller, cuz' they have a store with several kinds of Minky. Just wondering if anyone else had ever ordered it from ebay and if they liked it???? I hope its the really, really soft stuff. I know Joann's carries minky but it's not as soft as some of the ones from the quilt stores.

craftybear 03-25-2010 11:32 PM

please let us know if you liked it?

JanetM 03-25-2010 11:34 PM

Minky actually is a brand name. I can't remember who the manufacturer is, but authentic Minky is incredibly soft. Other manufacturers have come out with their versions of this chenille like fabric. I hope you like the fabric you receive.

Rachel 03-26-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Minky actually is a brand name. I can't remember who the manufacturer is, but authentic Minky is incredibly soft. Other manufacturers have come out with their versions of this chenille like fabric. I hope you like the fabric you receive.

Good to know, thanks for the info. I'll let you guys know how it looks when I get it. I really liked the price.

JanetM 03-26-2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM

I checked into this a little further. "Minkee" is the brand name, and is manufactured by Benartex. They can copyright the name Minkee, but certainly can not copyright the fabric itself, just like no one has an exclusive on 100% cotton quilting fabric.

Other manufacturers have produced their versions of Minkee, but have to spell it otherwise, like Minkie, Minky, etc. I have seen these other versions and they too are very soft and cuddly. I don't know if the fabric you bought on E-bay is Benartex's product or not but the other brands seem very nice too, so I would expect that you will be pleased with your order. Please let us know, okay? ;-)

Oklahoma Suzie 03-26-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
please let us know if you liked it?

yes, please do.

Rachel 04-21-2010 07:41 AM

I got the minky, I really like it. Its definately as soft as any I've seen at the store and the price was awesome. It was $7 a yard and then they combined shipping. Highly recommend them and will use them again.

Missi 04-21-2010 08:36 AM

Rachel what was the name of the seller? I want to put minkee on the back of a baby quilt I just finished.
Thanks!!!!

Rachel 05-10-2010 08:29 AM

The seller was Jamies Boutique. Enjoy!!!

JanetM 05-10-2010 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel
I got the minky, I really like it. Its definately as soft as any I've seen at the store and the price was awesome. It was $7 a yard and then they combined shipping. Highly recommend them and will use them again.

I just saw your post. I'm so glad you like the fabric you received and at $7/yd you found a bargain :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: