Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Moda mini-charms (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/moda-mini-charms-t189601.html)

Latrinka 05-23-2012 06:56 AM

I saw these the other day, I have bought charm packs, but I don't think I'd buy the mini-charms.

JoanneS 05-23-2012 07:06 AM

I haven't read the entire thread, but these would be perfect for a Mondo Bag. I can't remember whose design it is, but I LOVE the bag. It calls for 280 2-1/2 inch squares, so it would be GREAT to have them precut. I used batiks in mine, and I cut them from a jelly roll. I made mine in a Sue Hausmann class. Everyone used different fabrics, and they all looked terrific. It's a BIG bag - big enough to take a large quilt to Guild for show-and-tell.

BettyGee 05-23-2012 08:11 AM

I like the idea very much as I do postage stamp quilts. I love the charm packs and have a bunch of them which I use all the time for so many different projects. The thing about the charm packs is that you can see the pattern and if you really love it then buy yardage. Between charm packs and layer cakes I'm in quilting heaven so bring on the 2.5" lovelies.

Handcraftsbyjen 05-23-2012 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS (Post 5237248)
I haven't read the entire thread, but these would be perfect for a Mondo Bag. I can't remember whose design it is, but I LOVE the bag. It calls for 280 2-1/2 inch squares, so it would be GREAT to have them precut. I used batiks in mine, and I cut them from a jelly roll. I made mine in a Sue Hausmann class. Everyone used different fabrics, and they all looked terrific. It's a BIG bag - big enough to take a large quilt to Guild for show-and-tell.

The Mondo Bag is by Quiltsmart. At Market, Quiltsmart also introduced a smaller version of the Mondo Bag called a Midi Bag.

blackbearbetty 05-23-2012 09:09 AM

Would they work for the mini twister?

judykay 05-23-2012 10:01 AM

I would use them to make a mini quilt for my mini quilt stand.

aborning 05-23-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 (Post 5232293)
A lady in our guild used these to make a teeny tiny twister quilt!

I also purchases them for my tiny twister template. Have yet to do the project--but they will work perfect.

butterflies5518 05-23-2012 11:31 AM

Wow! that would have been great to know for the quilt I am currently working on. 20 blocks, 20 pcs each, Grandmother's Puzzle.

emlee51 05-24-2012 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by AnitaSt (Post 5232373)
Jan in Va: Thanks for the photos. I have two shoe boxes of 2.5" squares to use. And the second quilt in your photos...I have that pattern and had forgotten about it. Looks great in your color choices.

Anita

Ditto here, Thanks, Jan...I use my 2.5" squares to make 4/9 patches...helps me improve my 1/4" seam and get a couple of quilts out of them.

susie-susie-susie 05-24-2012 10:20 AM

When I sent squares to Moda for those quilts they were making for Quilts of Valor, they sent me a package of 2 1/2" squares to thank me. I have put them away and now I can't find them. I will use them (when I find them) on a postage stamp quilt, I think. They are very nice, but I haven't seen them in a store.
Sue