Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Monthly Fabric Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/monthly-fabric-club-t140305.html)

Flo Pierce 07-26-2011 03:07 AM

Has anyone ever joined a monthly fabric club and gotten
fabric every month ?
If so , the quality of the fabric. Is is worth it.

Flo in NNY

Holice 07-26-2011 03:36 AM

I have not participated in these programs but know many who did. The problem I see about them is that you get fabric you don't like or need and always have to buy more to make a quilt. My quilt guild was given a very large stash of fabric from a quilter that had these collections from two or three companies. The patterns and colors were many and varied and many that I would never use. One month might be Halloween and the next Asian. So it depends on how you use fabric. If you can specify the type you want then it might be a good way to build a collection - say vintage look, etc. Also check the price against buying it from a quilt shop.

emerald46 07-26-2011 04:02 AM

Years ago I belong to "Sweet Treats" for fqtrs each month. You selected what type of fabric you wanted...jewel tones, black/whites, theme, manufacturer, etc. You could change this selection at anytime. Very high quality fabric Hoffman, Kaufman, South Seas, etc. Package came wrapped in coordinating ribbons. The company was out of California I believe and this was all they did. You got 6 or 8 fqtrs for $12.99 a month and that included shipping.

earlylace 07-26-2011 04:03 AM

I thought it was too expensive and the choices maybe I wouldn't like, it was tempting, but no.

sunflower126 07-26-2011 04:28 AM

I have been in one for 2 months. So far I am happy with the selections. Probably won't stay for a long time because I think it is a bit pricey.

QuiltnNan 07-26-2011 05:22 AM

i prefer to choose my own fabrics for that kind of money.

susie-susie-susie 07-26-2011 05:56 AM

I think they are kinda expensive. I would rather select my own fabrics. Perhaps buy several fat quarters at the LQS each month and build your stash that way. I would have no use for 30's fabric or Asian prints at this time. I would rather get many fat quarters rather than the few the clubs offer. JMHO
Sue

frarose 07-26-2011 06:20 AM

I too have found the ones I see to be too pricey.

thepolyparrot 07-26-2011 06:29 AM

I get one of Keepsake Quilting's medleys - Civil War repros. I like the historical background notes that come with the bundles.

I don't usually like all the fabrics, but that doesn't bother me much. The ones I don't like will mix just fine in my quilts. It's not terribly expensive and I get fabrics I haven't seen before.

rdorminy 07-26-2011 06:35 AM

My daughter gave me a gift of monthly ft. qtrs. from one of the Monthly Fabric Clubs. I found them expensive and for the most part poor quality fabric. Asked her to stop the the club account for me. Was a really nice thought but when you don't like it why waste it. She is such a sweetheart and is always buying ft. qtrs. that she see's and likes. Not a quilter though.