Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   More Material cut today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/more-material-cut-today-t38809.html)

beginnerquilter 03-06-2010 04:57 PM

Hi everyone

I am now done cutting all of my 2 x 1 1/4 inch size rectangles and my 1 1/4 inch size squares. I did that today. I spent last night with my friend and her husband and most of the day and part of the evening today. I had to cut out 36 2 x 1 1/4 inch size rectangles and also I had to cut out 36 1 1/4 inch size squares today. That was alot of cutting. Than I have the next step figured out. I have to sew my 1 1/4 inch size square onto a rectangle square. That is going to be my next step. My friend Marilyn showed me how to do that so now I got that down pat.

I left my quilting project over at her house because she has a a really nice big size craft room and I dearly love it so we spend quite a bit of time in her craft room whenever I am over there.

The more I work on this quilting project the more I understand it. It is getting easier and easier for me.

I already know what I'm going to do for my next quilting project after I get this one done. I have Ideas coming to me all of the time.

You be amazed at what you can do with squares. I think the little squares are so cute.

I am going to be staying with my friend Marilyn and her husband starting either next Tuesday Night or Wednesday morning due to my tooth being pulled Wednesday morning so I am hoping that on Thursday of next week I will feel up to doing more sewing on my squares cause I want to get the top done - at least get them sewed together and than the rest I can do on my own "I Think". If not than I will get help either from my quilting groups or from my friend Marilyn or both.

I just love learning about quilting - it is so much fun to learn and my friend Marilyn told me that I am doing really well considering that I am just learning to do this.

What helps me out is that there is somebody to guide me along and that is what I need. Once they show me how to do something than I can do it on my own.

Maybe sometime next week I can get pictures of my Table Topper while I am staying at their house.

I just had to let you know where I am at on my Quilted Table Topper.

littlehud 03-06-2010 05:50 PM

It sounds like you got a lot accomplished to date. I can't wait to see the pics.

beginnerquilter 03-06-2010 05:52 PM

Thank you...I will get pictures of my quilting project and the original picture of what it is going to look like when I get it done as well.

Dkm 03-08-2010 06:23 AM

can't wait to see it

beginnerquilter 03-08-2010 03:01 PM

I will be going over to my friend's house hopefully sometime this week and when I do I will get pictures of everything - my tiny squares and what I got put together so far.

lisalovesquilting 03-08-2010 03:50 PM

It's always great to hear about a new quilter having so much fun.

amma 03-08-2010 04:00 PM

WooHoo :D:D:D I can't wait to see your table topper :D:D:D