Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Most important thing you've learned .... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/most-important-thing-youve-learned-t47787.html)

stitchinwitch 06-02-2010 03:19 AM

We learn by DOING, and practice leads to improvement.

dglvr 06-02-2010 03:31 AM

Patience. And the you can do it. I like when someone shows a picture of their project then ads a tute to go along with it.. :thumbup: Learn lots that way.

Connie Merritt 06-02-2010 04:00 AM

i am a sort or new quilter. I read where you recommend starch, starch, starch. WHY? I spray some water on then press (water is easy to get). But I would like to know the reason for starch and the difference of using that or water. Thanks all. I am sure I will have more questions as I go along. Good thoughts

marsye 06-02-2010 04:05 AM

I don't know how you can sew barefoot! My tootsies would get cold and I seem to need a hard sole! Here are my favorite shoes...no kidding!
Wow! Do you have to put a flea collar on those?? :lol: :lol:
(just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

vjengels 06-02-2010 04:07 AM

it doesn't REALLY matter to me if it's 'square', or it has 'points', as long as the colors in it are pretty.

vjengels 06-02-2010 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
i am a sort or new quilter. I read where you recommend starch, starch, starch. WHY? I spray some water on then press (water is easy to get). But I would like to know the reason for starch and the difference of using that or water. Thanks all. I am sure I will have more questions as I go along. Good thoughts

Connie we like the starch because it makes the fabric more stable, makes cutting, peicing and pressing easier; I only used water for years , I like a nice sharp crease... but my cuts weren't always straight when I trimmed, and my blocks would end up distorted from pressing ... starch helps with all those problems. you should try it , if you don't like it, you can change again.

Simpleq 06-02-2010 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
What is the most important thing (tip or lesson) you've learned from this "Bunch of Sew & Sews"? I'm talking about quilting here, not the friendship, generosity and admiration we all give and get from each other.

Mine is to Starch, starch, starch!

Enjoy your day!

I'm a newbie...help me understand how you use the starch and what kind. Thanks! (Love all the photos of quilts!)

katsewnsew 06-02-2010 05:15 AM

I have learned so many tidbits here and there, but the best thing I enjoy about this site is that I get sooooo much inspiration from all your pictures!!! Gets me in the mood to quilt!

katsewnsew 06-02-2010 05:17 AM

Too Funny!!! Marsye

sasseyib 06-02-2010 05:26 AM

Patience. Walk away when I start making mistakes. Don't worry over the small mistakes. Enjoy my work and the end results even if it is not perfect. Also learn from what everyone else says.