Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A Mountain Quiltfest™ in Pigeon Forge, Tn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mountain-quiltfest%99-pigeon-forge-tn-t17525.html)

DeniseB 03-11-2009 12:01 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone every gone to this quilt show? I was kicking around the idea of going but it is about a 6 hour drive one way.

Their website doesn't say much about the vendors, I know the quilt display is great but are there alot of vendors? Going that far you want the trip to fulfull the artistic and the acquisition of goodies needs.

If we go we were thinking of leaving Thurs. after 5pm.

Jim's Gem 03-11-2009 12:39 PM

Hi Denise. I don't think you properly introduced yourself. Welcome to the board from Southern California. Unfortunatelly it is much more than a 6 hr drive for me so I will be unable to attend!

Moonpi 03-11-2009 01:04 PM

Too far for me in Florida, but I sure love the Smokies! Welcome to the board!

Tink's Mom 03-11-2009 01:05 PM

Hi Denise, How about going about this from the back door? Contact the venue in Pigeon Forge, it probably is the convention center in the middle of town. Ask how many vendor spaces have been sold...

Also, welcome to the board from Chicago....

Sharon M 03-11-2009 04:41 PM

I love Pigeon Forge!!! My husband and I got married in Sevierville at the courthouse by a minister. My husband said make this an easy date for me to remember :D So we got married at 10 o'clock 10 month, 10th day in Tennessee. We love to go there and have been for car shows and the big craft show at convention center in the fall and have went to some nice quilt shops but not the quilt show. Be sure and post some pictures if you go :D

Kitty Yates 03-12-2009 03:58 AM

I went to the show last year and it was a great show. There are a ton of vendors there and LOTS of eye candy. Most of the vendors have samples of their patterns and made it easy to decide if you want the pattern. It was well organized and lots to see. If you are able to go , GO. Also, there are some really nice quilt shops in the area. Ask around at the show and you will not be disappointed at the shops.

mrskk2008 03-15-2009 06:29 AM

Hi Denise, i live in miss, just out side of memphis tn its about 10 hr drive, my husband and i went about 2 years ago, its not at the convention center in gatlinburg,it is in pegion forge in a small building, its nice but small then,but there are other things to do and see in gatlenburg and pegion forge we still enjoyed the trip.

mrs KK 2008

Quilt4u 03-15-2009 06:32 AM

Hi and welcome from Mass. And it is just to far for me to go.

tnjacke 03-15-2009 10:20 AM

As usual I am late in posting, but have been at the Quilt Show several days this week. I live just outside Pigeon Forge so takes me only about 15 minutes to get to the show. It is held in 2 buildings now. One hotel has a large Convention Center, the vendors -2 large areas , quilts for judging and bedturning and lectures are held there. Then at the older Smoky Mtn Convention Center where the show used to be they have the classes, professional quilts, and a few vendors there also. Trolleys run between the venues.
This year I was disappointed in the vendor selections, or at least the products they brought to sell. Some of the better vendors from prior years were not there this year. Maybe they will be back next year if the economy improves. Lots of beautiful quilts on display.. no pics - forgot to take camera.

Just a note, There will be an AQS Quilt Show in Knoxville, Tennessee this July, at the Knoxville Convention Center there. I just learned this at the show talking with some vendors. They say it is replacing the annual show formerly held in Nashville each year. I will be there.. that center is much larger than the one in Pigeon Forge, hope the show will be too.
Starting now to save $$$$.....