Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Multi page printing of foundation templates (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/multi-page-printing-foundation-templates-t264636.html)

celwood 04-29-2015 02:17 PM

Multi page printing of foundation templates

I am having a very frustrating time. When I try to print a foundation template that has to be printed on two pages I cannot get the second page to match up with the first. I have a laser printer and don't have the option to set scale to zero so I set it to 100%. Also, when I try to use newsprint in jams my machine. Have been working on resolving this issue for over 4 days now. Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem?

quiltingcandy 04-29-2015 02:21 PM

Are you printing it off the internet or making a copy from a larger print?
Guess what I am asking - what is the source of your pattern? If it is a larger print you might want to go where there is a photo copy machine that uses larger paper.
If it is coming from an internet source - they may have loaded it improperly.

SuziSew 04-30-2015 08:47 AM

The heat from a laser printer causes the newsprint to curl and jam, you would be better off to find an inkjet printer.

I don't think you set your scale to zero, you should be able to select or check a box that is marked "no scaling" If you don't find it check the help button on your printer. I'm pretty sure that is a standard printing feature.

jcrow 04-30-2015 09:17 AM

I had a laser printer for a very short time. I then bought the trusty inkjet printer and everything works well on it. I once had to print 100 pages of paper piecing and went to 'Copy Store' and their printers wouldn't take my newsprint. So I went home and made all 100 copies on my injket. Worked like a dream. The inkjet I bought new on ebay for $60.

tessagin 04-30-2015 09:35 AM

My printer is a brother. It prints legal and letter. I have had situations where the paper was too short for the size print. I took the 2 papers and lined them up on a window or if you have a light box, that'll work. Then I printed it on legal size (14" length). Made more copies off that. Worked for me.

Originally Posted by SuziSew (Post 7181916)
The heat from a laser printer causes the newsprint to curl and jam, you would be better off to find an inkjet printer.

I don't think you set your scale to zero, you should be able to select or check a box that is marked "no scaling" If you don't find it check the help button on your printer. I'm pretty sure that is a standard printing feature.

celwood 04-30-2015 09:40 AM

I am printing from EQ7

ManiacQuilter2 04-30-2015 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by celwood (Post 7181968)
I am printing from EQ7

Carmen, you should be able to adjust the size of the block under Options. If you need to print it a size bigger than your printer can handle, you can drag a few of the sections onto a 2nd page: Click on Review and then click on MOVE icon. This will allow you to actually drag some pieces to print on a second page. HOPE this helps you.

Onebyone 04-30-2015 02:56 PM

How to change sizes and print mutli pages are answered at EQ website.

DogHouseMom 04-30-2015 02:59 PM

Carmen

You can also move the individual pieces to center them better on a single piece of paper .. if that is the issue.

In EQ7 select Print then Foundation pattern. Make sure your sections are defined, and the block is the right size in options. Then select "preview". Once in the preview screen there is a tab at the top marked "move". Select this tab, then select the piece that you want to move and move it with your mouse so that the piece is on a single piece of paper instead of lapping over two pieces.

celwood 05-01-2015 04:08 AM

I want to thank everyone that helped me with the printing of a foundation template. As usual the board members came through and had the answer. I should have asked the question on the first day of my frustration instead of waiting for 4 days................