Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Murphy's Quilting Laws (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/murphys-quilting-laws-t198416.html)

Greenheron 08-25-2012 09:03 AM

Murphy says: "When you finally get in the mood to attack that UFO.......it's nowhere to be found."

Jim's Gem 08-25-2012 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana (Post 5466407)
I actually combined the dog fur with dirt in a baggie and took that to pick out the color of our carpeting ! Where there is a will, there is a way. : )

When we bought carpet for this house 18 years ago I brought home samples and had the dog and kids play with an on them for a while and picked out the one that didn't show the dog hair and dirty feet

Sally S 08-25-2012 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 5461285)
If it can go together backwards, it will.
After unsewing the backwards pieces, you will find a new an unique way to sew them together wrong.
Thread always runs out (or breaks) at the most inopportune time
If you put off cleaning your machine for "one more seam", it will chew up your bobbin thread and spit it out, half-way through that seam.

You have made me laugh out loud when I really needed a laugh. Thank you.

sewgray 08-25-2012 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana (Post 5466407)
I actually combined the dog fur with dirt in a baggie and took that to pick out the color of our carpeting ! Where there is a will, there is a way. : )

I made sure my new couch was the same color as my dog.

Dodee 08-25-2012 12:30 PM

You have the perfect quilt pattern in your mind while trying to sleep at night and can't wait for morning to come so you can draw the pattern out. However, morning comes and goes 'cause you can't remember any one of those pieces.

JENNR8R 08-25-2012 12:40 PM

You wet your show quilt to block it, and the washing machine is full of dirt that you didn't know was there from your houseguests laundry.

Sewnoma 08-25-2012 02:38 PM

If you go to the store for JUST ONE THING, they'll be out of it.

Plus you'll go home with at LEAST $20 worth of fabric you don't really have any need for at all but just couldn't leave without.

trolleystation 08-25-2012 03:48 PM

When you go to the fabric shop and purchase the amount you need for a pattern, you buy what's left on the bolt. This gives you two extra yards, and, you still don't have enough. I hate when that happens!!!!!

OHSue 08-25-2012 04:18 PM

The bobbin will always contain a yard less thread than you need to finish that seam, line of quilting, etc. Oh and it will likely run out at the most critical point of your work.

G'ma Kay 08-25-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 5461235)
I have pinned and pinned to match my seams on sewing 2 long rows together, removing the pins as I sew, only to find when I get to the end my bobbin has run out of thread way back at the start!!

This happens! Really, it does!