Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Accuquilt GO just gave up on me.. Boo Hoo.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-accuquilt-go-just-gave-up-me-boo-hoo-t180110.html)

luvTooQuilt 02-20-2012 05:50 PM

My Accuquilt GO just gave up on me.. Boo Hoo....

My Go died on me a week ago.. Ive been moping and trying to find another one locally.
The crank broke- makes a horrible sound when I try to crank the handle.. Boo Hoo..The LQS has them at the Regular retail price over $300 and my Joannes no longer carries them..grrrr... Hubby has told me on numerous occasions to send it in-get it fixed.. I just couldnt justify spending the money on shipping and since it was out of warranty - almost five years old- that id have to pay for the fix... All I kept thinking is why spend the $ then to find out it cant be fixed when I can get a new one online for $199. Well after hearing hubby suggest to send it in after each of my gripes - I finally did on Friday..

And today a NEW one came in the mail.. lil sneak bought me a new one when my old one broke.. So now - god willing - if they can fix the old one, ill have a backup Go as well...

Ive got my scrap piles waiting until tomorrow.. Figured Id wash ALL his laundry since my darling bought me a new GO....Only seemed fair.. lol..

Happy Quilting everyone...

mizkyp 02-20-2012 05:57 PM

I used one for the 1st time this weekend. Now I need to find $200 to buy one. They are amazing!!!

dublb 02-20-2012 06:03 PM

How sweet! He was sneaky wasn't he.:thumbup:

Crqltr 02-20-2012 06:07 PM

What a honey..

kacy 49 02-20-2012 06:19 PM

Your hubby is definitely a keeper.

momto5 02-20-2012 06:24 PM

You better keep that DH...they're hard to find!! Congratulations!

cashmommy11 02-20-2012 06:27 PM

wow what a great DH. hope you gave him a big old hug and kiss for that one

jaciqltznok 02-20-2012 06:58 PM

I would have bought the Sizzix Big shot instead! That way you could use MORE dies!

mighty 02-20-2012 07:12 PM

I love my go and studio cutters!! You have a great hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!

majormom 02-21-2012 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 4993263)
My Go died on me a week ago.. Ive been moping and trying to find another one locally.
The crank broke- makes a horrible sound when I try to crank the handle.. Boo Hoo..The LQS has them at the Regular retail price over $300 and my Joannes no longer carries them..grrrr... Hubby has told me on numerous occasions to send it in-get it fixed.. I just couldnt justify spending the money on shipping and since it was out of warranty - almost five years old- that id have to pay for the fix... All I kept thinking is why spend the $ then to find out it cant be fixed when I can get a new one online for $199. Well after hearing hubby suggest to send it in after each of my gripes - I finally did on Friday..

And today a NEW one came in the mail.. lil sneak bought me a new one when my old one broke.. So now - god willing - if they can fix the old one, ill have a backup Go as well...

Ive got my scrap piles waiting until tomorrow.. Figured Id wash ALL his laundry since my darling bought me a new GO....Only seemed fair.. lol..

Happy Quilting everyone...

What a sweetheart he is! And a little sneaky too - but in a good way! Take good care of him he is a keeper!