Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Bailey's 17 in Home Quilter FINALLY WORKING (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-baileys-17-home-quilter-finally-working-t79323.html)

kristen0112 11-28-2010 04:21 PM

Ok, so many of you will remember that back in AUGUST I ordered a Bailey's 17inch Pro quilter and put it on a Grace GMQ frame, with a stitch regulator. Then had nothing but troubles with it not stitching more than a few minutes down to a few stitches. I took it to a local repair place received awful service from them. Brought the machine home and it still didn't work properly. So, I called Chuck we did MANY many troubleshooting efforts and still couldn't get it to work more than a few stitches before the thread would break. He sent me a new one. It arrived several weeks ago while my husband was on vacation (the week of Halloween). I didn't attempt that week. Then have ignored it because I was intimidated by this time and was afraid this one wouldn't work either, and it meant undoing and resetting up another machine. Yesterday, I decided since I am returning to work soon (I've been off work since my 5 yr old was born) that I had better at least get the new one out of the box and the old one in the box and shipped back before I start Dec 6th at my new job. So, today after church I finished setting the new one up. I did not set up the stitch regulator. I don't know if that was part of the problem or not but I think I am going to return that device and get a refund on it. Well I stitched and stitched until I ran out of bobbin thread!!!! without breaking the top thread. Crossing my fingers and hoping that I continue to have a good working relationship with this baby.

DebraK 11-28-2010 04:23 PM

happy to hear the good news ;-)

MamaBear61 11-28-2010 04:24 PM

Congratulations. Wishing you hours of happy stitching.

stewyscrewy 11-28-2010 04:24 PM

isnt it a great feeling when things go your way. getting my longarm set up was something simular to yours when I 1st got it. took 2 months before I was up and running right. but company stood behind its product.

Quiltforme 11-28-2010 04:42 PM

Yeah!!! what a wonderful story!!

CarrieAnne 11-28-2010 05:06 PM

I am really happy its working now!

Jingle 11-28-2010 05:17 PM

Good for you, I'm so happy you finally are able to use it. Happy quilting.

cheryl222 11-28-2010 05:45 PM

I;m happy for you, Kristen. I have been wondering about you and if you ever got it going .

Jim's Gem 11-28-2010 07:46 PM

YEA!!! Glad to hear this one is working!!!

kristen0112 11-28-2010 08:14 PM

Thanks everybody! I am really excited. I finished the first little test quilt its nothing fancy just plain white fabric. I just freehand stitched/meander/did some flowers and hearts nothing too challenging yet. Tomorrow I think I will put on my first quilt top, I have several I have been holding onto, and practice some more.