Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Bernina is sick and in the Hospital (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-bernina-sick-hospital-t198381.html)

Jim's Gem 08-22-2012 01:46 PM

My Bernina is sick and in the Hospital

My poor Bernina 630 is in the Hospital for a couple weeks. It would not let me adjust the stitch length any more. My foot pedal was having some issues. When in embroidery mode it would give me a hard time switching between screens. Apparently it needs a new S-Print and a new Carbon switch in the foot pedal. It should cost me about $450 to have it all repaired. Oh, and the new stronger spring needs to be put onto my BSR foot (it was occasionally skipping stitches)
Unfortunately I do not have a warranty on my machine as I bought it used and it is a 2005 model.
Well, I will have to pay as a new one would run me about 5 grand to get the same thing new, another machine is not an option. I love my machine it has been wonderful.

I am going thru withdrawals!!! I have set up my old trusty Pfaff to do some piecing on and have 4 baby and one lap quilt to hand sew the back of the binding on. I can do some cutting too.

Cry

I guess this means I must curtail my fabric buying to be able to pay the hospital bill!!!

wolph33 08-22-2012 01:49 PM

it is so hard when our babies are in the shop.Glad you have a back up.

Candace 08-22-2012 03:27 PM

I have about 15 machines. My 8Series Bernina acts up frequently, so I don't go through withdrawals. I play the 'who wants to come out and play?' game.

Tartan 08-22-2012 04:24 PM

Hope your baby is home soon!

franc36 08-22-2012 04:47 PM

So sorry that your Bernina is in the shop. Hopefully, time will go by quickly and she will soon be home again. Repairs are expensive; but they'd are worth it. I love my 10 year old Bernina!

dreamer2009 10-01-2012 07:28 AM

GAYLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
did machine get fixed and come home ??

Jim's Gem 10-01-2012 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5554128)
GAYLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
did machine get fixed and come home ??

Yes, I brought her home 2 weeks ago after spending 4 weeks in the hospital. She needed a new S-Print, basically the touch computer. I had them put a new spring in the BSR foot and I needed my foot pedal fixed. It ended up costing me $450. I have only used it a little since I got it back. My son was home all week last week and I did not get any sewing in. My plan is to get lots of machine time in this week and even use the BSR foot on a couple of quilts.

Jim's Gem 10-01-2012 08:46 AM

One of the bummers about the repairs is that everything, every stitch combination, every embroidery etc that I had saved on the machine is gone...... :( I will have to go and redo the combinations I use a lot and my embroidery "templates" I used for labels.

dreamer2009 10-01-2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem (Post 5554336)
One of the bummers about the repairs is that everything, every stitch combination, every embroidery etc that I had saved on the machine is gone...... :( I will have to go and redo the combinations I use a lot and my embroidery "templates" I used for labels.

ok now that is real sad you would think nowadays
they could save what you have on there !!
happy she is home though.
glad you got time with you son :)