Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Black Friday packages are arriving. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-black-friday-packages-arriving-t207161.html)

FancyFoot 11-28-2012 02:48 PM

I got my order today from http://www.honeybegood.com/ . Super fast service, I ordered on cyber monday & got it today.
I also took advantage of the great sale at The Fat Quarter Shop, Beaver Creek Quilt Company & of course Ebay.
:) :) :)

BellaBoo 11-28-2012 02:59 PM

Did you happen to see the Cherrywood Fabric grab bag sale of buy one get one free with free shipping! Their grab bags are cut 7" x 10" rectangles of two yards of different colors of hand dyed suede look fabric. I am excited for that package to arrive.

TexasGurl 11-28-2012 03:11 PM

Have fun opening your goodies !
I didn't order a single quilt-related thing (but I went to the Houston Quilt show here a few wks ago and spent my funds!)

MTS 11-28-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK (Post 5685634)
nope. I only made one purchase from Fabric.com, and even then, I had abandoned my cart. They sent me an email a day or two later offering me an additional 15% off the great deals I already had in the cart.

Now THAT is some pretty smart marketing.

nygal 11-28-2012 03:35 PM

I received two today. Headphones, two books and some fabric due here tomorrow and three more quilt books due soon.

Helen S 11-28-2012 04:09 PM

Ok, I guess you could say you've hit upon a pet peeve of mine. lol

My shopping was done before Black Friday and just have to say I fought back and didn't even go out all weekend! Most of the local stores had one or two of something advertised and they were long gone before anyone could get to the stores, anyway. I'm definitely not "Bah Humbug", just don't like the advertising pressure that is put upon people to spend what they don't have or spend what they'd rather not spend.

So, just sayin...

Sometimes we drive by a stranger's house and their garage door is open to reveal boxes upon boxes of STUFF...stuff they haven't used or even seen in many years in most cases, and have no clue as to what is in the boxes. The "stuff" is taking up their parking spaces, so they have to park in the driveway. Do they really need more stuff? I know...what's it to me? Not much, but it fascinates me for some strange reason. lol

And it probably won't be too many more years before we're facing "Black 4th of July" etc. ugh

BellaBoo 11-28-2012 04:41 PM

I drove by a house with open garage that had plastic bins stacked six deep and as high as the carport. I kept wondering what on earth was in all those bins. I stopped one day when a woman was outside the house and just asked her. She said the bins were full of books from a bookstore a relative owned. She said his estate paid for book storage so she made more money storing the books then by selling them. Her brother couldn't stop the storage fee but could profit from the sale of the books. One never knows what story is behind plastic bins. LOL

joyce888 11-28-2012 05:03 PM

I didn't do any Black Friday Christmas shopping but I did buy Windows 8 on Friday at Office Max. On sale for $59 with a $30 maxi rewards and used the $24 in maxi rewards I already had, so it will only cost me $6. Monday I did order the TrueCut rotary blade sharpener from JoAnns using a 50% off coupon so with tax and free shipping $34. Just can't get into the shopping mood.

garysgal 11-28-2012 06:40 PM

you can buy a little plastice thing that fits over the feed dogs so you don't have to lower them. Some machines come with one.
I've had good experience with returning something to Amazon. They even send you a pre-paid mailing label.

Sewnoma 11-28-2012 07:01 PM

I'm getting boxes too, but it's mostly stuff for other people...OH EXCEPT for my lovely new Brother PE770! :D Oh, and a whole boxload of thread, stabilizer, an x-lg hoop, obligatory thread boxes... ;-)

I'd been planning on buying it anyway, and Amazon had a deal I just couldn't resist!

I also bought a pile of stuff for other people...I'm done with my holiday shopping, aside from stocking stuffers! :) (Of course, I still have four more quilts to finish before Christmas, so I'm not READY for the holidays by any means. And now of course I need to make lovely embroidered labels for all of them!)