Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Christmas Wish List (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-christmas-wish-list-t149801.html)

Airwick156 09-02-2011 07:09 AM

This morning I was watching Fons & Porter Love of Quilting on Tv and they have a yellow steam iron that raises itself up so yuou never have to worry about it burning your fabric.
It is called a Oliso Steam Iron. I googled the iron and it took me to their companies page and I clicked on the Yellow Iron...

Its a proffessional....only $199.99
The Home version....only $129.99

So whats the difference between the two irons except $70 dollars and the home version is blue and the proffessional one is yellow?

So...since I can not justify ever ever paying that kind of money for an iron I am putting it on my Christmas Wish List...so if anyone wants to buy me one they can I won't complain nor will I turn it down. LOL

Geez what do they think we are made of money or theres a money tree in the back yard? And whats on your wish list?

trueimage 09-02-2011 07:13 AM

So should I get you the yellow or the blue???? hehe

QuiltingGrannie 09-02-2011 07:14 AM

I saw that iron at the AQS show in Knoxville! I want one too! Didn't even look at the price at the show as there are other things I need more --
I want:
1) the EQ7
2) Clamps to load my quilts faster into the longarm so I can quilt more quilts, and .....
3) room to teach quilting classes.

scowlkat 09-02-2011 07:22 AM

The professional iron has the ability to turn off the auto shut off feature I believe. Be aware that these irons are very heavy so if you don't have a dedicated ironing surface, you may not like them! I had the original Oliso iron and sold it because I have to use an ironing pad on my cutting table and it wore me out having to move that monster back and forth!

crafty pat 09-02-2011 07:23 AM

I would not pay that much fore something that is new to the market. To often one run's out to buy the latest thing out to find out it has flaws. I would wait until it has been out for awhile to see how people like it. It is still a lot to pay for a iron for me.

Doreen 09-02-2011 07:45 AM

No iron on my wish list. I want an embrodery machine. I saw the irons at a recent quilt show and yes, they are heavy!

crochetetc 09-02-2011 08:06 AM

I have the blue one and love it! Well worth the money but I got it for cheaper bc they carry it at Joanns and they run them on sale!

Susanna10 09-02-2011 08:38 AM

Yellow is my favorite color and I have drool over that yellow iron every time I see it, but really do not need it at this time.

Marge L. 09-02-2011 03:29 PM

That price is outrageous! I'm sure I can get just as much ironing done with my cheapy WM iron. Or am I just cheap. I don't have a tin bill, so maybe just some sense. LOL

SharBear 09-02-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Marge L.
That price is outrageous! I'm sure I can get just as much ironing done with my cheapy WM iron. Or am I just cheap. I don't have a tin bill, so maybe just some sense. LOL

I'm not familiar with the phrase "I don't have a tin bill" - I did try to google it but nothing came up -- what does that mean?