Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My daughter is an enabler! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-daughter-enabler-t247725.html)

Buckeye Rose 06-01-2014 06:34 AM

My daughter is an enabler!

The DH and I just got home from a 5 day trip to Grayslake (Chicago) to spend with my daughter and family. I always go with my machine and supplies as she will find something for me to make. After a great trip to JoAnns, we came home with fabric (and necessary supplies) to make four bags, patterns for doll clothes, and the ideas for several quilts. We both love fabric stores...petting the fabric is our favorite thing. We did find the rack of all US made cottons and decided they were all very nice, so we bought enough for a diaper bag. I didn't get much sewing done since her little ones are very demanding of gma's time and I am happy to oblige, so I brought it all home. Now how do I squeeze those bags into the already full schedule....hmmm?

Jeanne S 06-01-2014 06:37 AM

Lucky you, sounds like a great trip and fun with your daughter and family!!

GrammaNan 06-01-2014 06:50 AM

Now that's my kind of daughter! She appreciates your talent and loves what you make. You are very lucky. If you make the bags a priority you will get them done. Have fun!

pokeygirl 06-01-2014 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose (Post 6739833)
The DH and I just got home from a 5 day trip to Grayslake (Chicago) to spend with my daughter and family. I always go with my machine and supplies as she will find something for me to make. After a great trip to JoAnns, we came home with fabric (and necessary supplies) to make four bags, patterns for doll clothes, and the ideas for several quilts. We both love fabric stores...petting the fabric is our favorite thing. We did find the rack of all US made cottons and decided they were all very nice, so we bought enough for a diaper bag. I didn't get much sewing done since her little ones are very demanding of gma's time and I am happy to oblige, so I brought it all home. Now how do I squeeze those bags into the already full schedule....hmmm?

My daughter and her family live in Gurnee, Il. Glad you had a good time. Mine are coming out in June. I live in Arizona.

ManiacQuilter2 06-01-2014 09:24 AM

I am sure you will find the time. Good Luck !!

Boston1954 06-01-2014 09:57 AM

Sorry Grandma. I guess you are going to have to stay up an hour later EVERY night.

KwiltyKahy 06-02-2014 03:29 AM

Lucky you. When I visit my son and his family they usually have something that needs to be mended. LOL

Knitette 06-02-2014 03:41 AM

Sounds like a well brought up young lady!

romanojg 06-02-2014 03:50 AM

My daughter is the same way with many things. She sews a little but has loved fabric way before she started quilting so of course she can always find things to make with the fabric, or I should say, things that I can make with the fabric. She loves my emb machine too and even though they were black at work for special holidays they can dress them up, so like for Easter I put an Easter Egg on her shirt with her name on it. She loved it and got lots of compliments. She also was doing dog grooming part time so I made her t-shirts with a dog getting a bath and her name on it. These are some of the reasons she always says you should get it mom when I see something I like. Now I'm getting ready to make aprons with a crab emb on it, she works at a seafood resturant. She was the same way when we went to the Coach outlet, especially before she could afford to buy any. She knew she'd get to use them so she always encouraged the expense. Daughters are great, her 8 yr old son is just as bad. He can always find a project for me to make and is probably the only 8yr old boy who know that the MK on a purse means Michael K. He wants me to open a business to sell the purses and quilts that I make. He's great too.