Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My dog peed on my fabric.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dog-peed-my-fabric-t139887.html)

madamekelly 07-25-2011 10:43 PM

Just cit it in manageable lengths, then wash it with a cup of white vinegar and laundry soap, to get rid of the odor.

capucine 07-26-2011 02:08 AM

I was going to say shoot the little b.....d but he looks so cute! I feel very sorry for you having to wash strips of fabrics I would lock him out of my sewing area from now on.

jad1044 07-26-2011 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
Been there, done that Thanks for the tips about getting the smell out. I regularly threaten to find this dog a new home, but he's not mine.

Return him to owner - like it or not - you do not have to put up with a little pee-dog - not even your daughters! Sorry, but I draw the line on pets who do not tow the line- I think I'd close the door to him entirely - no reason to have to go through this extra work due to a little pet - but I will say he is a cutie - but cute or not - make him a little basket of scraps that is his - and that is all he gets - not a full room fabric to go around lifting his leg on - he probably won't pee in his bed...

mama-j78 07-26-2011 06:28 AM

I belong to a rescue group for Bichons. We often have male dogs with the marking problem, especially when they are put into foster care. They try to mark everything. We make belly bands and provide them to the foster moms and the adoptive moms. They are so easy to make and are a great thing to protect your property.

patsyo56721 07-26-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by barbpowers
Here's my sad story..... I bought a bolt of fabric for a really good price 2 years ago, and it was upright between 2 cabinets, on the floor. I finally decided what to make with it, and it required cutting numerous 3 1/2 inch strips. Now keep in mind I'm not a pre-washer. I started cutting strips, and then ironing the crease out. I started noticing an odor, could not figure out where it was coming from. Turns out, the little runt (weighs 6 lbs) had lifted his leg on the end of the bolt-- the fabric is mottled, so it was not noticed even with some scrutiny. I really did not want to wash the whole bolt, so now I'm cutting, and hand washing those strips that were affected as I go.

I can tell you now, that there is nothing quite like the smell of warm ironed dog pee......and he's my daughter's dog!

Looks like he is sorry. I'm so sorry for your problem.

sweetpea 07-26-2011 10:52 AM

well you know what Jackson thinks of the fabric.

patimint 07-26-2011 02:20 PM

Just a note on some of the replies, dogs that are nutured, and cats too, still mark there territory, so that doesn't solve the problem. and some of our little female furbabies also lift their little leg to take a leak, at least my baby does.

Winkee 07-27-2011 04:38 PM

That's why girl dogs are better, don't lift their legs.

lyndaloo 07-27-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by patimint
Just a note on some of the replies, dogs that are nutured, and cats too, still mark there territory, so that doesn't solve the problem. and some of our little female furbabies also lift their little leg to take a leak, at least my baby does.

Mine does too! But she doesn't do it in the house. My male dog does every once in a while, but honestly, it is not such a big deal to me. Everything is washable here and dog pee is no more difficult to wash out than baby pee. If I had a dog that I decided not to keep, I would certainly find it a new home. No way would I "put it down". There is no reason for that. The dog could be an "outside" dog for someone. I recused the dogs that I have and the ones before them. Some of the posts on this topic are incredible to me.

Janice Thompson 08-02-2011 04:53 PM

I can relate to that. We inherited my father-in-laws dog when he passed. He would lift his leg every chance he and got. I threw him out the door in a snow storm, when I cooled down I brought him in and caged him. Then we started taking him for walks so he would empty his bladder. He was caged at night and everytime we left the house. Eventually we broke him because he didnt like the cage.