Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Early Christmas Present (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-early-christmas-present-t206750.html)

joyce888 11-24-2012 04:27 AM

Santa's was good to you! Looks like fun.

grann of 6 11-24-2012 05:11 AM

How cool is that! I didn't realize there were embroidery only machines on the market without going with the behemoths that have a bunch of separate needles for the thread colors. I have a HV Designer Diamond that I use exclusively for embroidery, then have a Topaz 30, a SE, and a D1, that I use for various aspects of quilting. I would think that it would be a lot cheaper to have the "one use" type machine rather than the "two use" machine, that I don't even use for both. But I wanted the very large hoop capabilities, and the computer connection. The Topaz does much of what the Diamond does, but uses only a stick for download, less screen. But it has the large throat too, which I love for quilting.

ro 11-24-2012 05:14 AM

great minds think alike. i also saw the fingerprints and thought thats great she's using and enjoying. have fun!

pojo 11-24-2012 05:28 AM

nice machine

aunt eunice 11-24-2012 05:32 AM

Congrats! I also would like to move away from a combo machine without losing too much embroidery space. Hubby thinks I need a 10 needle emb to get an emb only machine. Just wait until I show him this! Enjoy your new toy!

Grace MooreLinker 11-24-2012 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic (Post 5675039)
Hubby said go ahead! So I did! I traded in my Janome 300e for this beautiful Brother embroidery only machine. What a difference. Don't get me wrong, I loved my little Janome for a starter, but this one is on a whole new level. Boy am I having fun.

I plan to go out today to buy mine, the USB port and larger hoops are my eye catcher on these machines. Have a Brothers that 4"x 4" hoop but want the bigger hoop for quilting blocks. have fun with your new one.

craftymatt2 11-24-2012 07:04 AM

I wil be getting a brother embroidery machine for Christmas as well, I ordered last week on the HSN, cannot wait to get it, its not as fancy as yours, but I didn't want anything too fancy, I wanted one for a while just to do small things, names on pillowcases and such, christmas stockings, dishtowels etc... i bought a bunch of thread at JoAnns, theres was on sale for buy one get one free, so i stocked up. My embroidery machine is just for embroidery, i didnt need one the sews, cause i have two pfaffs for that. I hope you have lots of fun, i know i will.

Dolphyngyrl 11-24-2012 07:34 AM

I have the sewing embroidery one. Looks like you've used yours quite a bit, so I might pm you if I need help

KarenR 11-24-2012 07:37 AM

Merry Christmas early!

pennylynne 11-24-2012 07:48 AM

Congrats.....looks like you have a lot of projects lined up already based on that list behind it....have fun