Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My first look at quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-first-look-quilting-t84465.html)

luckylindy333 12-22-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by owie
Send your story to all the quilting magazines with a picture of the quilt. You did a great job. I like it. I love applique and you did a great job with the applique.

Great idea, I love reading what you wrote... :D

pattypurple 12-22-2010 01:36 PM

Love your story and your quilt. The challenge idea sounds like something I will suggest for our group. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Pat

ktmo815 12-23-2010 04:01 AM

It came out beautiful - you did wonderful! Be proud

psychonurse 12-23-2010 04:54 AM

Great Job. You did well. keep it up.

quilt3311 12-23-2010 05:04 AM

You certainly did a good job on the challenge. I am impressed!!! Your well on your way to a lifetime addiction! Plus your story was good too.

singalong 12-23-2010 05:40 AM

I love your story...Please send it to a quilt magazine so others can read and feel better. I also belong to a few groups. Most of the members have been quilting or sewing for many years. They are all very proud of what they do and rightly so. I have been trying to do this for the last 4 years. I did one quilt with step by step help from a friend. I do not take part in any round robins, challenges etc. I watch what the others do, and know that I do not have the brain skills or the sewing skills to do anything even near what they do. I do not want to make a fool of myself. Thanks for sharing your story and by the way the quilt is beautiful.

valamarfarms 12-23-2010 05:43 AM

I think you definetly have a gift, both for writing and quilting! Loved your story and your finished quilt is beautiful! And i second that idea that you should submit your story to the quilt magazines as it was nice to read. You do have a nice way of describing thoughts that i am sure we all tend to have, the frustrations of learning something new, etc.

AnngelAnne 12-23-2010 06:35 AM

Someone told me that the people here were very generous with their remarks, and I find that more than I imagined. Thank you so much to all of you for the compliments on both the quilt and my writing. It means more than you know. I have not shared either, so this was an effort. And to answer the question someone asked, the flowered fabric was the original piece we were given to start with that we had to match.

quiltingranny 12-23-2010 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
I love your story! You should consider sending it to the quilting magazines. :)

And you did well with the challenge - that stripe looks like it belongs there. :)

You should definitely send it to a quilting magazine...you are a very good writer and your quilt is beautiful to boot! You did a really good job :thumbup: :thumbup:

JAGSD 12-23-2010 10:04 AM

I agree you should send your story and your beautiful quilt pictures to magazines! They are both Wonderful!